May 15th Weight Loss Group- Week 6

Options
Hello Ladies-

I hope everyone had an excellent week. I had shin splints on Tuesday night and that kept me from running on Wednesday, but I made up for it today with an early morning jog. Have any of you tried spinning? I did it for the first time yesterday afternoon and thought it was awesome. Aside from the initial discomfort of the bike seat, it was a blast. I spent all last night baking "healthy cakes", I haven't tried them yet, so I'll let you know if they're a success. I got them from "Chubby Bunny" on the recipe board. They're actually called Strawberry Marble Cake, but I substituted no sugar added apple sauce for the vegetable oil and egg beaters for the egg.

Well tomorrow we check-in, or if you're reading this on Saturday, today we are checking-in. I will see you then.

Rule your mind or it will rule you.-Horace

Replies

• riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies-

I hope everyone had an excellent week. I had shin splints on Tuesday night and that kept me from running on Wednesday, but I made up for it today with an early morning jog. Have any of you tried spinning? I did it for the first time yesterday afternoon and thought it was awesome. Aside from the initial discomfort of the bike seat, it was a blast. I spent all last night baking "healthy cakes", I haven't tried them yet, so I'll let you know if they're a success. I got them from "Chubby Bunny" on the recipe board. They're actually called Strawberry Marble Cake, but I substituted no sugar added apple sauce for the vegetable oil and egg beaters for the egg.

Well tomorrow we check-in, or if you're reading this on Saturday, today we are checking-in. I will see you then.

Rule your mind or it will rule you.-Horace
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi everyone no one weighed in? i forgot too

last week 164
    this week 163
    Goal by may 15th 145

Have any of u tried south beach diet i have been trying phase 1 for like 3 weeks but i keep cheating and every night i go to bed and say i will start 2morrow. I am tired of letting myself done i am sticking to it now starting today i can do it!!!! Need some support
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I started Phase 1 on Monday, still getting used to it. When I weighed this morning I was down 3 lbs but won't post it till I weigh again on Monday. During the week wasn't too bad, but the week-end may be not be so good. I will try my best though. I need to lose at least 30 or would like to. Those three pounds were without excercising except going up and down 3 flights of stairs every hour at work. You can do it, just set your mind to it. I had lost 35 lbs on a weight program with a Dr. but my PCP took me off of it, gained back 30. I have a lot of nice clothes that I want to get back down into. My husband is buying me a Wii and the Wii fit this week-end. :smile:
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started South Beach on Dec 26th and have lost 15 on it. I followed phase 1 for the two weeks and then sort of modified it with my WW Filling Foods program and have been pleased with the results. I am off bread altogether and that seems to be the most amazing thing...I dont miss it! I limit my pasta, potato or rice to once a week and we are eating fish more often.
    I am a firm believer that when you and your body are ready...any program will work. It is changing habits and making choices. The past two weeks I have kept the "This decision matters" thought when deciding on meals and snacks...this week, I am putting that same thought process to exercising. I can choose to exercise or not...just like I decide not to eat that extra handful of nuts. So that is my goal this week...
    WI is in the morning so see you then....
  • gemfrire
    Options
    :bigsmile: I did it! 10% down today at WW wi!

A 2.8 lb loss this morning finally put me over the 10% goal.

Hope everyone had a super week as well. Gotta run but will check in later to see how everyone did!

Make it a great day!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I did it! 10% down today at WW wi!

A 2.8 lb loss this morning finally put me over the 10% goal.

Hope everyone had a super week as well. Gotta run but will check in later to see how everyone did!

Make it a great day!
    :heart: :heart: Good job well done.. You will be ready to go on that cruise with a slimmer you.:heart::heart: -Momma
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    great job yaayyyyy

this week 161.8
    hope to be out of the 160's by next sat i am gonna trying supper hard
    Have a good week guys
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 126.2
    Last Week: 126.8
    Goal: 110

Hey Guys-

Wow! I am surprised to see my numbers go down this week. I did great all week, but last night stuffed my face, but not complaining. Under Recipes, there's a recipe by Chubby Bunny called "Zesty Chicken with Artichoke". I made it for my man and a few friends last night, ohmigoodness, we were practically licking our plates, DELICIOUS! If you're looking for a new chicken recipe, try this one. I'm going to make it again today, but this time limit my portion, last night I was goin' for seconds and thirds.

Well enough, about that. I am glad to see everyone here once again. It seems like our group is getting smaller and smaller each week, but hey, best of luck to those guys, right. I'm always looking for the same people now, because I recognize your pictures as the weeks go on. You guys are awesome!!

ttyl, Felicia
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!

My weigh in for this week is 169. It's so great to be out of the 170's!!

I may have to look up that chicken & artichoke recipe! My family & I just love em!!

I hope that everyone has a successful week!
  • gemfrire
    Options
    Looks like everyone had a good week...congrats to all. I am heading to the recipe board now..always looking for different ways to cook chicken!

Have a grand week...