Need advice, feeling deflated?

Options
OK so I've just completed my 2nd week of diet and exercise and have lost 10lbs so far, my problem is the following.. I've lost 8lbs in my first week, most likely a lot of water weight and was very happy with myself, this week I decided to up my game, increase my protein in take and do a lot more exercise.
I knew I wouldnt lose anywhere near 8lbs but wanted to definately hit around 4lbs. However after weighing myself this morning I've only had a 2lb loss. Some would say thats great but I feel deflated after putting in so much this week.
Now I am on a really low calorie intake and I think this could be an issue, I'm thinking about upping my calorie intake and drinking more water.
Does anyone have any ideas at all? My diary is on public for you to have a browse and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is excellent over 2 weeks - well done!

Weight doesnt come off nice and regularly in a straight line, you do have to look at averages. And it can be dangerous to lose too much too quickly.

I think you're not eating enough calories - 1200 should be the minimum to make sure your body is getting enough nutrients, and to ensure your metabolism stays unaffected.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I went through your food diary and you're definitely not eating enough. You're several hundred calories below your 1200 and don't even have the reasoning of exercise as to why you've got excess calories left to eat. Try eating more, making all of your meals at least 200 calories for starters and drinking water of course.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    You will normally lose a lot the first week, then it slows down a lot after that. A loss of 2 lbs. in a week is nothing to snort at...figure that if average that every week for a year, it is 112 lbs. That being said, the previous person is right...look at averages...most people won't lose 8 lbs in a month, so you are doing great. Don't get down, just keep at it! Great job!

Mary Ann
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iddreams/view/overcoming-the-obesity-mindset-194711
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I went through your food diary and you're definitely not eating enough. You're several hundred calories below your 1200 and don't even have the reasoning of exercise as to why you've got excess calories left to eat. Try eating more, making all of your meals at least 200 calories for starters and drinking water of course.

I agree with this...I understand a small appetite, but you must be starving! Try to do 200 calories every 2 hours 6 times a day minimum. You may want to alternate 1400 and 1200 every other day just to keep your metabolism active.