Massive eating binge and need help recovering...

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You really need to go and discuss this with your doctor. It sounds like you need some nutritional help that most people on here are just not qualified to answer. It also sounds like you have some sort of eating disorder. Again, I am not a doctor. Good luck!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I've been where you are almost exactly! I have been suffering from various forms of eating disorders for 15 years. The binge starve cycle solves nothing. I would highly recommend you seek treatment before it gets worse. And trust me...it CAN and WILL get worse if you don't STOP. Recovery is hard but definitely worth it! Good luck :)
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you need to not make excuses about seeing professional help - you can bite the bullet and go get this problem fixed or you can continue going through this cycle for the remainder of you life. Whats a bit of money to change your life??? I know what i would pick - and i have.

Also, the binge is done - you can't change it - just look forward and use it as a learning experience - that is ALL you can do at this point.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider finding Overeaters Anonymous. This is a support group like Alcoholics Anonymous but can give you support when you feel like going on a binge.

^^ this..... it's free
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you keep this up you are going to get really sick. Eat healthy and try to stop obsessing. Talk to a nutritionist.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I know I need to seek professional help, but I just don't know how to go about it (no health insurance here).

Call your community hospital. They can direct you where to go for help. It sounds like an eating disorder, but unless you get to the root of the problem, you'll keep struggling. Just my 2 cents.
  • insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know I need to seek professional help, but I just don't know how to go about it (no health insurance here).

Call your community hospital. They can direct you where to go for help. It sounds like an eating disorder, but unless you get to the
    root of the problem, you'll keep struggling. Just my 2 cents.

These folks are right on. Also, there are free/reduced fee counseling agencies all over the place. I work for one. If you or a relative has a family doctor, ask for a referral. Ask a church employee. Call your local hospital or health department, or even a nearby college. There are free groups, as mentioned already, and if you are willing to do some calling around, there is probably a counselor around who will work with you at whatever cost you can afford. It will be worth it! Good luck!
  • Droppinelbees
    Droppinelbees Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My binge day is today and I will do close to worse than that lol. Listen, if you follow a certain way of eating, afar from what everyone else says, you can "binge". But you HAVE to eat a certain particular way. Read a book called The 4 Hour Body... this guy is amazing and I actually just lost 7.2 lbs following him in my first week. In a nutshell, if you cut out all grains, breads, cereals, fruit (high fructose and sugar spikes insulin) fried foods, blah blah blah and limit yourself to Beef, chicken, pork, turkey, fish, eggs, vegetables, lentils, and legumes, you are allowed a binge day at the end of the week (or the beginning, depending when you choose to start).
    All I can tell you is that I read someones profile on here and they talked about how this book changed their life and they felt very strongly about it. So I was able to view a portion of it for free on "Kindle" and right away after a few pages, purchased the book. I been hooked and haven't put this book down all week long. I'm reading it more than my own Master's classes books lol. Anyway, I seen your post and just felt I should tell you that there is a way to binge- absolutely guilt free and its in the book.
    Good luck with your goals.