I am a little down

Options
I decided to replace my falling apart scale for a new digital one. Here is what brought me down it weighs me 8 pounds heavier than my old scale. I am actually more determined than ever because that means I was even bigger than I thought. But it is a bit depressing to find out that my old scale was wrong.:sad:

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I decided to replace my falling apart scale for a new digital one. Here is what brought me down it weighs me 8 pounds heavier than my old scale. I am actually more determined than ever because that means I was even bigger than I thought. But it is a bit depressing to find out that my old scale was wrong.:sad:
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Every time I weigh myself on a different scale (doctors,home and gym) I weight totally different so don't feel so bad and don't pay too much attention to the scale. You should measure your self every week instead.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I know you are right thanks:flowerforyou:
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No one enjoys the scale telling a different story, but weight does not define health. It can be a marker of things, but maybe focus on your change in habits and the positive things you are doing. I view weight and body changes as a reflection of my progress to a healthy life. If I weigh 210 lbs and can do all the things I want to do physcially and I am healthy, then so be it. Of course, I enjoy the benefits of losing weight, but it is only a Biproduct of the healthy life I am creating. Don't be yourself up, regroup and YOU CAN!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • caranne
    caranne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the scales, remember your weight can fluctuate by quite a bit from day to day anyway. I weighed myself Monday morning - 140 lbs, this morning I weighed 133 lb! Believe me there's no way I lost that amount of weight in just a few days, go by how you feel and how your clothes fit etc. The scales are not the be all and end all. Good luck with it....