Aiming for balanced nutrition...

Options
I am not having trouble with the 1200 calories but finding it difficult to stay withing reasonable numbers on the nutritional guidelines of carbs, fat, and protein. Any suggestions for good information or meal plans?

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Can you be more specific on what your issue is (e.g. high on fat, low on protein, etc.)?
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I too am having to learn how to eat, at 64 years old, while others can eat 'what they want' I have lost any internal guide on kind of food and portion control,

I began by googling lists of low fat, low sodium, high fiber foods,

by the way I am a volume eater so I wanted the most bang for my calorie buck, and lets face it my $ too,

I created my ideal breakfast and my ideal lunch, full of macro and micro nutrients, but FOODS I LIKE,

this gave me some ease at dinner,

I check my nutrients every so often, and they are very reasonable, I am satisfied and losing weight,

it is important for me to PLAN to eat,

I am retraining my brain, and my mouth is not complaining
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Here is a fantastic thread.
    Read it couple of times and do your math.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133163973
  • achoka
    achoka Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found some great info on what kind of percentages I need to be eating of fats, proteins, carbs, etc. but are there any resources for a good balanced meals for women on a 1200 calorie diet? I can't seem to find any on the internet and it takes forever to figure out my food to meet all my nutritional goals every day.
  • achoka
    achoka Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @andrejjorje Thanks!