Hello, one week in love this site!

Options
Hello all. I am a 49 old male from NJ. I am here because I have a different goal than to just lose weight. I am training for a Powerlifting competition in April and I want to compete in the 275# weight class. I have never competed like this before. And I only started to go to the gym seriously about 1 year ago. I also started working with a guy who is bodybuilder and has competed and won national events. He helped me to learn about eating clean and the importance of timing in eating. He also helped me to understand how the nacro-nutrient counts are as important as calorie count. So I have used this to develop my own program. So this is an experiment to see if I can program my diet and workouts to reach my goal by the end of March. I am trying to loose weight and not loose but increase my strength as well.

This site is great I can take it with me on my smart phone and track my diet and it is so easy to use.

So, good luck to all in achieving you weight, fitness or other goals!

Replies

• capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you are loving the site! This place is great to get support and tons of information like recipes. Good luck in the Powerlifting competition you plan on being in! I bet you'll do great! :):flowerforyou:

Good luck on all of your goals as well!
  • biologic
    Options
    get support here but not advice. if you want advice on anything, seek it from medical professionals, certified nutritionists, exercise science graduates, etc.