skin

Options
for those that lost more than 50 lbs, did you have skin concerns? how did that work out? I am very concerned about skin sag/hang....

Replies

• Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump I would like to know too
  • gotaluvtina
    Options
    As of today I am down 70...maybe it's my age, maybe it's the large amount of water I drink or maybe it's the products I use. Either way I am a little worried that when I lose the rest I will have a problem, but as of now it's fine.

I drink a ridiculous amount of water each day, about 200oz, after all it's free. Luckily my best friend works at a spa so I get a hydrating cream for practically free. So that would be my advice...stay well hydrated inside and out. Oh and another thing that might be working...I make a srucb(usually sugar, salt or coffee grinds) and scrubs four times a week, I think the massaging might help too...but who knows... Good luck everyone!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Some things I have been trying http://allwomenstalk.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss/ I am using a Nivea lotion that says it is skin tightening. It has q10 and collagen in it. I do it twice a day. I have sagging skin in my lower belly and thighs. It seems to be helping.
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I didn't... until after I had my baby but even still... it isn't bad enough to complain about!! Just don't rush the weight loss... Do it healthy and let your body have time to recover WHILE you're losing!! Most people get stretch marks and excess skin when they drop a significant amount in a very sort amount of time!!
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    As of today I am down 70...maybe it's my age, maybe it's the large amount of water I drink or maybe it's the products I use. Either way I am a little worried that when I lose the rest I will have a problem, but as of now it's fine.

I drink a ridiculous amount of water each day, about 200oz, after all it's free. Luckily my best friend works at a spa so I get a hydrating cream for practically free. So that would be my advice...stay well hydrated inside and out. Oh and another thing that might be working...I make a srucb(usually sugar, salt or coffee grinds) and scrubs four times a week, I think the massaging might help too...but who knows... Good luck everyone!

great idea! Pamper myself and help my skin too. fantastic advice!
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. Kinda what I thought....but wondered. I know gals how dropped it way to fast, and well, they have to tuck that skin, and i mean tuck!, it into their jeans. So gross.
    Sounds like water and great moisturizing is at minimum a great attempt at prevention. I am on it! :)
  • amonkey9
    Options
    Ive lost 62 lbs.....as of now I haven't had a problem
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Some things I have been trying http://allwomenstalk.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss/ I am using a Nivea lotion that says it is skin tightening. It has q10 and collagen in it. I do it twice a day. I have sagging skin in my lower belly and thighs. It seems to be helping.

I too use a collegen based lotion it says for face and neck bit I don't have any problems using it all over and it is by St. Ives.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You can search this on mfp community and find tons of posts this subject.

My take is: As for as loose skin goes, Individual response to weight loss will vary. Though I will get a chorus of boos for this, I don't think there are any tricks to making it better other than surgery. I lost 76 lbs and have no significant issues with loose skin. I have first had knowledge of others (same age and height as me) who have lost less than me at the same rate per week but have loose skin to the extent that they will need surgery if they want to fix it.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I worried about it too! I've lost about 56 so far, and no problem at all! I don't use lotion much, other than on my hands ;). I do drink plenty of water everyday, about 100 oz. I want to lose 30-35 more, and I hope I still don't have this problem.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 and have had no issues. Then again, I'm only 26 so my skin is young and tight. I still have 50 more to lose but I don't have many concerns about loose skin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!