i went over yesturday

Options
I actually ate an extra peice of lasagna and an oatmeal creme pie before i went to bed last night... i did good ALL week so because i messed up last night does that cancel out all i did through the week??

Replies

• schiamos
    Options
    dont beat yourself up over it, forgive yourself and focus on today's goal. if you feel so so bad about it try doing some extra excersise throuhout the week. you're going to have slips but if you dwell on them you focus too much on the bad and it makes it harder to maintain a 'diet' (for lack of better word)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I think you should just make sure you logged the foods you ate, and move forward. Some people its a deal breaker, others, they maintain... its hard to tell especially when know one here knows you and how your body responds to overeating...

Consider the next time when you have the impulse, grab that big glass of water, or schedule yourself with better meal planning if you want to indulge in a second helping..

just a few ideas
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Think of the math.

If you're eating to lose 1# a week, that's 500 calories a day less than it would take to maintain your weight, or 3000 calories in six days.

That extra piece of meatloaf and oatmeal creme pie would need to take you to more than 3000 calories over what it would take you to maintain your weight for it to undo what you did the rest of the week. :wink: