Another Newbie

Hello, My username is titebootay757 and its what I aspire to have and maintain after I achieve it. I've gained weight as I've gotten older and as a result, I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and I'm prediabetic. I'm a young 59 yo with a whole lot of life left to live and plan to enjoy it to the fullest. I really dislike the followup doctor appointments and the medication I have to take daily. So, if losing the weight and keeping it off means I won't have to do any of that anymore, then I've got to do this -- change my lifestyle. I joined MFP because my neice is a member and she told me how successful she'd been in losing weight using MFP before and how user friendly the site is. She also mentioned how we could be friends. We're going to keep track of each other and provide the motivation and accountability we both need as we continue toward our weightloss and wellness goals. I also like the idea of its mobile interface and how I can enter my meals as I eat them instead of waiting until I get home at the end of the day. We can also use MFP to maintain our weight and wellness by tracking our food and exercise needed to maintain our goal weights. So, now its full speed ahead. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Welcome to MFP! Love the name and that you are using it as part of your goal! I am never that cerative! I come from a family history similiar to what you are going through so I understand partly your frustrations with the doctors. I have had to watch both of my parents and my sister who is 8 years younger than me deal with the same issues. Feel free to add me!

Welcome again, I love the site and the support that you get from people on here!