Heeeelllllppp!!

Options
Okay... Soo.. Im getting a little irritated right now.. Ive been the same weight for 4 days..This morning.. I GAINED a pound!! So i thought Id check my measurements... All the same.. I dont know whats wrong.. I work out daily and eat the right way :(

My dairy is open if you see Im doing anything wrong.

Please hepl :(

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Four days... you honestly believe four days is a great measure of weight loss? Im sorry but you are allowing the scale to really flood your head with unrealistic results...

You need to really dive into this as a much larger picture than four days to be honest...

Use the scale once per week... but dont rely on this scale as the absolute tell-all-be-all decision maker...

Grab an outfit that is your target outfit to fit into..

If you dont lose on the scale during your WEEKLY weigh-in.. take some measurements.. try on that target goal outfit...

Your diary doesnt have enough of a healthy variety... you need more vegetables, more leaner proteins....
  • GlfWid0
    GlfWid0 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Scales tell you nothing, take measurements every couple of weeks. I have been working on a new lifestyle for 18 days now. I haven't lost weight but I have lost inches.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Four days... you honestly believe four days is a great measure of weight loss? Im sorry but you are allowing the scale to really flood your head with unrealistic results...

You need to really dive into this as a much larger picture than four days to be honest...

Use the scale once per week... but dont rely on this scale as the absolute tell-all-be-all decision maker...

If you dont lose on the scale during your WEEKLY weigh-in.. take some measurements.. try on that target goal outfit...

Your diary doesnt have enough of a healthy variety... you need more vegetables, more leaner proteins....

I agree with this completely and I'll add: You need to eat more. You're only trying to lose 32 lbs, which I'm guessing means you're just not that heavy. If your picture is current, you don't look heavy (at least in the face), so you should not be eating such a low calorie diet. I'd suggest you start at 1800 and see what happens. If you don't lose at 1800 after two weeks, drop down to 1500. But don't eat around 1000 like you're doing. That's way too little.
  • Venus2011
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself daily. It will surely sabotage your goal. Try doing a weigh in once a week (same day of the week and time) before any meals or hydrating and without clothing. The weight gain didn't happen over night and neither will weight lost. Happy weight lost journey :smile:
  • cramernh
    Options
    ahhh to be young and only have 32 pounds to lose with no medical problems going on.... that was about, ohhhhh 20 years ago before all hell broke loose! LOL
  • amywhite8809
    Options
    ^ Haha

It still doesnt feel good to have to lose this much tho :/

I will up my calories and include more vegi's..
    Im also going to have more will power with the scale haha.
    Thanks everyone :)
  • cramernh
    Options
    You could be like me at my age right now (37) battling insulin resistance, finding out you have a rare metabolic disorder that they cant even find in the medical books (the AMA loves me right now) and polycystic ovarian syndrome who has food allergies and sensitivities - and starting weight of 303lbs... Im down to 234lbs... I have 70 to go...

I would love to lose just 32lbs... ROFLMAO!
  • amywhite8809
    Options
    You could be like me at my age right now (37) battling insulin resistance, finding out you have a rare metabolic disorder that they cant even find in the medical books (the AMA loves me right now) and polycystic ovarian syndrome who has food allergies and sensitivities - and starting weight of 303lbs... Im down to 234lbs... I have 70 to go...

I would love to lose just 32lbs... ROFLMAO!

Fair enough :) Lol. You would be awesome to keep around.. Im requesting you! :flowerforyou:
  • cramernh
    Options
    Keep in mind, you will be doing a number of great things if you can eat more healthier.... With you being a mother with kids at home, if the kids see mommy eating the healthy foods like vegetables, the chicken, some seafood here and there... and avoid all junk foods, those kids will reap the benefits of being exposed to the right kinds of foods and 'if mommy has it, we can have it'....

it works on many levels...

So... get your vegetables in - get your kids involved too! I used to love having my daughter in the kitchen with me and make a game out of which vegetable would be served with dinner.... My daughter is half way to age 19 and will eat everything under the sun! Even exotic foods!!!
  • amywhite8809
    Options
    Luckly enough my little one eats pretty well. Dad is never home for dinner (he works nights) so she eats what I eat :)
    Only thing thats almost imossible to get her to eat is broccoli haha. Rule is you have to eat at least 1 bite.. I chose the bite size lol.
    She still eats some junk because her dad eats like hes going to die tomorrow. I cant control his awful food choices, just mine :) And my daughters :)
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    pick one day a week to weigh yourself. Weighing myself everyday has been my down fall because I get discouraged and give up. So keep trying and only do it once a week!!!
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Other than the Folgers with fake creamer (I'm a coffee snob) your diary is SO much better than a lot I've seen. If you're hungry I'd watch fibre, and I'd make sure you're getting some protein at every meal, but otherwise just give it TIME. You didn't gain the weight in 4 days - don't expect a loss every day. Try weighing only once a week, BBB (bare before breakfast) and otherwise following your plan and see how you're doing a month from now.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Need a lot more than 4days to measure a difference. Give it some time, like a month or so.
  • Lazlocats
    Lazlocats Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enought and this causes the body to think it is straving which mean your metabolism will slow way down...try eating a bit more fruits and veges all in raw states.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Can't really add anything else, this covers it all, but I did want to suggest you read this just to give you a better understanding on the scale -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/350212--why-scales-lie
  • amywhite8809
    Options

Can't really add anything else, this covers it all, but I did want to suggest you read this just to give you a better understanding on the scale -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/350212--why-scales-lie

I dont think Ive ever read anything more amazing than that article :)
    Thank you soo much for sharing :blushing:
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When my scale gets loopy like that (and I weigh-in on Monday mornings but peak a couple of times during the week), I just chalk it up to an increase in muscle. Your diary looks pretty good and great job with overflowing that water glass.

Keep on moving forward and just give your scale the finger when it's acting funky. ;-)