baked tortilla chips homemade

Options
To whoever posted this a few days ago ...THANK YOU times a million!! Take corn tortillas and cut them into triangles and spray with a little olive oil cooking spray , sprinle with salt, bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.......Oh my gosh!! They were delicious!! I loove tortilla chips and never liked the baked ones and these are low cal and taste oh so good...even better thn the fried ones I think!

Replies

• LastChanceForMe
    Options
    They are really good!!
  • MonicaBid123
    Options
    chips are a huge downfall for me and I miss them. I am going to give these a try! thanks
  • curlykitty
    Options
    how many calories are in them? like in, say, 25 of them?
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious.
  • SilverStar18
    SilverStar18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ohh I may try these! Chips are my big weakness. I think I`ll make these with some red pepper hummus this week, that would be really good :)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Still a crap load of calories, a tortilla has around 200 calories.

Any of you tried baking kale? Its awesome and very low cal
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options

The corn tortillas I use (Guerrero) have 55 calories each. One tortilla would make 8 chips.

OP - Thanks for the recipe! My Mexican husband makes a KILLER homemade salsa and I'm going to try these tomorrow with it!!
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy thanks for the info :smile:
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    im going to look for those my mom came over last night and made home made enchiladas. YUMMY by the way but i was blown away when i went to look at home many calories are in corn tortillas :sad:
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options

The corn tortillas I use (Guerrero) have 55 calories each. One tortilla would make 8 chips.

OP - Thanks for the recipe! My Mexican husband makes a KILLER homemade salsa and I'm going to try these tomorrow with it!!

I tried them and they were tasty. I'm going to try them again on a pizza pan (with holes) or rack. I'd like the backs to be crispier.