Same breakfast every day?

Options
Someone told me eating the same breakfast every morning isn't good for you.
Should I switch it up with more variety or can I continue eating my toast and eggs?

Replies

• regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I eat the same breakfast everyday and I have for a long time (yr).....protein shake with milk and frozen banana and a piece of Silver Hills Sprouted bread toasted with butter......386 caloroes and gets me throught until lunch......I love it and it'sn what I crave in the morning.
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every single day. It's one less meal I have to think about, which in the mornings is a good thing. I think it helps keep me in a "diet" mindset too.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I go in phases with this, but I think that if you were eating Pop Tarts and drinking soda for breakfast every day that would be a problem. My former boss who happens to be one of the few people I have known in my life that has never had any kind of weight struggle eats an egg and toast every single day for breakfast and he's in his mid 50's and in good shape.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have 2 different breakfasts, I alternate between them, but that is like the only thing I like for breakfast. lol so I really hope not.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It's not that it isn't good for you, its just that your metabolism might get used to being given the same calories every day at the same time and you could possibly hit a wall. You could definitely switch it up, but if you are still losing weight and still enjoy your same breakfast, don't feel like you have to eat something else.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    i eat the same thing everyday for breakfast...egg whites, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, spinach & Fat Free Pepper Jack cheese. Sometimes i will throw in a spoon of potatoes.

Forgot the canadian bacon...:smile:
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    samee here
    i have exactly same breakfast every morning, exept if I'm sick or sometimes my s/o want to share breakfast with me.
    I crave for it when i wake up.
    I'll switch only if I'm bored...
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like and that fits into your eating plan is good. I don't see any reason of changing it if it is working. I have the same breakfast most days. Eggs are good for you and they usually hold me best til lunch. I don't think it is bad to have the same breakfast over and over
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters for me almost every morning...throw in some veggies, a little cheese, wrapped up in a low carb tortilla.....and coffee. About 300 cal more or less
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Keep with what you are comfortable with. Only switch if you are wanting a change and when you do just make sure the macronutrient numbers fit within your goal.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every day!
  • jobie4153
    Options
    My dietician told me to eat only three eggs a week. I believe Weight Watchers had also recommended the same when I went a few years back. Cholesterol?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I think the most important thing is that you eat breakfast, period. Like someone else said, if it is a poptart and a soda that is one thing, but the fact that you are having toast and eggs is a good thing.

I change things up according to what exercise I am getting that day. If I am doing weight training, I eat way more for breakfast than if I am just doing cardio that day. I have to change things up simply because I get tired of eating the same things all the time.
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Oats, skimmed milk, yoghurt and a squeeze of honey, with blueberries, or raspberries. Sometimes I make porridge and skip the yoghurt, but same basics virtually every day. Very occasionally I have toast but I love my breakfast and look forward to it.
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've heard that consistency is the key to successful weight loss and maintenance. Eating the same foods everyday works for those that have lost and kept it off. As long as your aren't talking a bowl of cream and strawberries, you're alright.
    3085597.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Not true, consistency and planning are the key to succes. Tha doesn't mean you HAVE to eat the same thing but u have a pre-planned healthy rotation.

I love my all bran daily!
  • sugarandspice41290
    Options
    i usually eat about 6 eggs a day, differing on days, eggs are not bad.
  • happyme67
    Options
    I love my breakfast of oatmeal, blackstrap molasses and goats milk. It's the only meal I don't have to think about because its easy and filling. As long as you are happy with your breakfast and you are losing weight, why spoil something that's working:happy:
  • ntm76
    ntm76 Posts: 25
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal every morning though I do vary the fruit. I make a big pot at a time then microwave a portion. Now who knows if this will continue when it is hot out, my gut instinct is I will switch to something else then.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have a few breakfasts that I rotate depending on mood and fridge contents. As long as your breakfast is nutritious and filling, and you're not getting bored of it, and you're getting enough whatever throughout the day, stick with it, if you like.:)