Newish and looking for friends

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm Victoria from Seattle. I only have two friends with MFP accounts and only one of them actively uses it. I would love to connect with a few other people to add a boost to my motivation. I'd like to lose about 25lbs.

About me:
Happily married mama to two boys ages 12 and 2 1/2. Our older son has special needs so finding time for myself to exercise and decompress has been a challenge - but one I'm willing to undertake! :)

I'm super into living a natural lifestyle. I raise a small flock of chickens for eggs and love feeding my family whole, organic foods.

Love, love, love to cook! So, it's actually been quite fun re-learning to feed everyone in a healthier way.

Super friendly and will happily add anyone that is also looking for extra folks to motivate and cheer them on during their transition to a healthier, lighter life.

Thanks,
V

Replies

• jalilahbd
    Options
    Hi Victoria, My name is Jennifer. I live down in Vancouver. Just getting started on MFP but having a good time with it. I would love to have another friend. I only have a couple right now, one of them being my boyfriend. Feel free to add me as a friend, we'll motivate each other.

A little about me, I divorced last year but have since found a wonderful man and a 9yr old son.Both are incredibly supportive. So far I have lost 40 but had gained part of it back so now I'm looking to loose 20-25lbs. I enjoy belly dancing, that's how I lost a good portion of my weight. Feeling really motivated this time around with my weight loss.
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do I qualify as the active one? ;)

I joined a few groups on here, which helps a bit. Also, there are a few threads of people looking for their "twin", where you can add people with similar size, goals and age.
  • gtiberi
    gtiberi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been on here since the 3rd and really have enjoyed this App and website I too am looking for more friends on MFP to help with any tips, advice, and motivation. I would love it for you to add me as a Friend. I am a mom of two an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old. Am Married and am a Stay at home mom. I have never really had the Motivation like I do now to diet to its fullest. I am doing this for my family and myself. I would love to be friends. We can help motivate each other as well as get to know one another if you would like.
  • abigailm83
    Options
    Although my goal is much higher than yours you can never have to much support.
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    Add me, my weight goal is same as yours. I would like to support as well as need support from mfp members.
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    Ha! Yep, you're my only RL friend that uses MFP. My hubby and BF have accounts but they never log in. We agreed to do a weight loss challenge but, apparently, I'm the only one who took it seriously. :ohwell:
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi Victoria! I just started exercising last month using videos (30 Day Shred and Turbo Jam)! Like you I have a busy schedule and my gym membership lapsed. MFPs have been a great support in this journey. Every food and excercise diary log have encouraged me to stay on top of my goals. Since December 17 i've lost 12 lbs and about 10 inches. I feel like i'm eating all the time, healthier choices now. I hope this is inspiring for you. Sending you a friend request now:-) Also, I am a special education teacher:)
  • chocolateduck
    Options
    Hi there, I would like to lose 20 pounds. I'm going on a cruise in June. I would love to make some friends. I'm not sure how to add friends. I'm a mom of two kids under 6. I'm a wife and a full time school teacher. It's tough trying to find time to exercise. But I'd love to meet new people on MFP to motivation. I track my progress on my iphone and my computer at work. Can someone show me how to add friends?