Pizza Dip...Great for lunch or dish for a party

Options
I found the best pizza dip reciept and turned it into low calorie...I actually eat it for dinner or lunch but it also a party dish, appetizer...

The entire dish is served in a glass pie pan and the whole serving is 650 calories. I eat half of it for 322 calories as a meal. You can alter the ingredients slightly for less calories....

Here you go:

8 oz fat free cream cheese
8 oz fat free sour cream
2 1/4 cups pizza sauce (I used Ragu pizza sauce)
garlic powder (to your liking)
basil (to your liking)
oregano (to your liking)
17 slices turkey pepperoni
3 1/4 cups of fat free mozzarella cheese

OPTIONAL (not included in calorie count)
-green peppers
-onions
-any additional pizza toppings

-Mix sour cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, oregano and basil in a bowl. Once mixed, pour into the pie pan
-Pour 2 1/4 cups of pizza sauce on top of sour cream mixture
-Add pepperoni on top of that as if you were making a pizza
-Bake for 10-15 minutes at 325
-Take out of the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted.

As I stated above, I eat half of the pie pan for dinner (322 calories for half) and it is PLENTY!!! I eat it with 30 special k chips (110) calories...whole meal is 432 calories...

You can decrease the cheese to save calories and add veggies.

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Bump-saving for later. Sounds yummy.
  • KenzNDieselsMama
    Options
    I don't even like pizza, but know that one of these days I'll have a strange craving for it as i start telling myself 'no' to certain food items. saving this idea for later, thanks!:happy:
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome, thanks! I have the day off work tomorrow and wanted to make something "junky" but to fit in my calories as well (not a cheat day). This sounds like exactly the type of thing I was looking for!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ok, how are you getting only 650 calories for the whole pie? I typed in the ingredients exactly as you have listed here to the recipe creator on here and came up with 1,415 for the whole thing.

Unless somehow I'm doing the conversions wrong (I had to convert some from ounces/cups etc.). Does someone see what I'm doing wrong here?

8 oz fat free cream cheese= 1 package=240 calories
    8 oz fat free sour cream= 16 tablespoons= 160 calories
    3.25 cups of fat free mozzarella cheese= 585 calories
    17 slices Turkey Pepperoni- 70 calories
    2.25 cups of Ragu pizza sauce= 36 tablespoons=360 calories
    Total=1,415 calories
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Newstart5
    Options
    I think I caused some confusion and that is what lead to your miscalculations...I use the 1/4 cup measure for everything so here's a better way to explain it:

Three servings of 1/4 cup of fat free mozzarella cheese : 45 (1 serving) X 3= 135
    Two servings of 1/4 cup of pizza sauce: 30 (1 serving) X 2 = 60
    8 ounces of cream cheese: 210
    17 slices of pepperoni: 70
    Sour cream (4 ouces): 210

Total recipe 685
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump