How to get rid of upper-back fat?

Options
Okay, I know cardio is the best way to get rid of fat in general, but has anyone had any luck with work-out DVDs (or work out moves in general?) that have really made a difference in your upper back/bust area? I have quite a bit of fat on my body in general but even when I'm thin I have a fat upper back/side-bust area and would like some recommendations.

I also know you can't spot-reduce - but for instance, I know Jillian Michaels has DVDs that really work those areas of the body. Any other recommendations?

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just bumping this.
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    I am not sure but I have the same problem. I have heard bras can sometimes cause back fat if they don't fit right. I used to wear them tight to hold me in and so my back fat is usually right around the bottom of the bra strap.

I'll be curious to see what others say!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Hate to say it but there is no way that you can spot lose. Keep up with your calories intake and exercise, it will burn off eventually. I wish there is some magic trick but there is none.
  • Luthorcrow
    Options
    Some variation on this topic comes up often, it's to bad that we do not have a sticky post to point to each time it does.

Any telling you that you can target fat any area on your body is liar. I know it is pitch used often by fitness gurus but the truth is you lose fat generally not specifically. Yes we each store fat a little differently on our bodies depending on sex and genetics but we all lose it overall.

So all you can do is continue to lose weight generally and eventually your body fat will lower enough that your back fat will no longer be an issue. Aside from that you can do strength training so that muscles eventually revealed will look better but this about it.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can't spot reduce fat. Jillian does have workouts that target particular areas, but that's more building and toning the muscles underneath - even the miracle woman herself can't help you out here. A calorie deficit is how you lose fat, no matter where it is... :/
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Swimming has toned my upper body nicely in a way that other cardio didn't.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Swimming has toned my upper body nicely in a way that other cardio didn't.
    That the thing I like about swimming,, it serves both as cardio and strength at same time. I lap-swim 4 or 5 times a week.