I've Maintained THREE years...and counting! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• kelseyessex
    Options
    That is amazing, can't wait to read your other threads :) keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to us all x
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's amazing...I"m bumping this to read your other thread later :) Way to keep it off and congrats!
  • ComeAroundSundown
    ComeAroundSundown Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!! I love the feedback on my posts and love hearing that they're helpful to you!! :smile:
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. This was the first time I've read your story and I'm glad I did - I got lots of good tips out of it. You're doing an amazing job and are so beautiful - great job!!!
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! & Such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    That is awesome! Thanks so much for your inspirational story. I'm not too far off my goal weight, but having been yo-yoing between 5 and 20kg overweight for 20 years, the thought of maintaining is both exciting and daunting! I've built a few extra kgs into my goal (i.e. lowered it, to allow myself a little buffer) because I don't want to log calories forever. My plan is to try and keep a close eye on my weight, without logging, then jump right back on MFP at the first sign of a problem (i.e. a persistent 2kg increase for example, wouldn't be seen as a normal fluctuation). I've always said "Once I get down to xyz weight, then I definitely won't put it on again, trouble is, I've never quite got there, and I've allowed myself to gain again when I've been about 5kg short of my goal.

Do you still log regularly, or have you developed habits that mean you don't have to all the time?
  • wellbakedwoman
    wellbakedwoman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We love you no matter what! I have a deep appreciation for honest and kind people like yourself. It's kinda scary as sometimes people will change towards you when you improve your health. I have tried to put every scenario and understand, but then again I have placed lots of scenario's as to why I keep my weight on? All I know is God will place people in your life and he will also take them out......so I just do alot of praying for strength, forgiveness, and also the strength I need to take the steps to a healthier me. Thank you for sharing your life Tam! God Bless You!
    Love, Lisa
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been inspired by your posts, pictures and your positive determined attitude. My dad died at 62 and my mom had a massive stroke at 62 and lived in a nursing home for 8 years before she died. I was quite young when this all happened and I told myself I would do anything to avoid this myself. For the most part, I've been reasonably healthy, but stress has had its way with my diet and lifestyle over the last 5 years and I've put on weight. Now, I'm working on getting things back on track. Just wanted to tell you that there are many admirable qualities to your story.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I do log my exercise regularly but haven't logged my food in quite awhile. I was SO dilligent during those 16 months it took me to lose the weight..I weighed meat, measured every tbsp of ketchup or coffee creamer, etc..that now I can eyeball pretty well. And I eat well so that I feel fueled. I don't get hungry often!! And I exercise a lot so that I can enjoy life and get out there for a girls night out or a date or something..and not worry.

I gave myself a leeway as well. Honestly, I never weigh. I refuse to be a slave to the scale. I did the first few months after my son was born..because I gained like 30 lbs of pregnancy weight..but that was gone pretty fast! I don't consider maintenance to be exactly to a t what your weight was when you hit goal. I think there have been times I've been a little below it and maybe a little above. I go by how my clothes feel! As long as I can comfortably get into my size 6's, I'm fine! If they start feeling tight..I just do my thing for a week or two (what I know how to do!! lol!)..and I'm fine. And this works for me. The key is figuring out what will work for you and doing it. Everyone is different!

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tam
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Thanks Tam, thats sounds really great, and just how I want to be! I agree that you do really know when things are getting a bit tighter, so the trick is also knowing the small adjustments needed to get back on track. Your story gives me a lot of hope that it is possible to lose the weight, maintain the 'new me' and not be a scale/calorie counting slave forever. Woot woot!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks Tam, thats sounds really great, and just how I want to be! I agree that you do really know when things are getting a bit tighter, so the trick is also knowing the small adjustments needed to get back on track. Your story gives me a lot of hope that it is possible to lose the weight, maintain the 'new me' and not be a scale/calorie counting slave forever. Woot woot!
    It's the only way I felt I could do this forever. To 1. Not try to know everything over night and gradually ease into this...and 2. Educate myself to the point I didn't have to be a slave to ANYTHING again. Honestly, it really is just about being sensible. And also, portions. I think that's the biggest problem. It's not exactly what you're eating (though I do feel a thousand times better when I eat to fuel my body and eat healthy)....but how much of it! It's so good to get that under control! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!