Say hi to the newb & school him on calorie breakdown

Options
Gt3ch
Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
Hey everyone!

I recently stumbled onto MFP via the Apple App Store. I’m completely blown away! What a great app and amazing community! I feel like an idiot for not knowing this existed sooner. I could definitely use support so whatever the etiquette for adding friends- I’m in.

I’m really brand-new at being “scientific” about my diet. I’m really interested in the “Calorie Breakdown” feature. For the last month I’ve been eating mostly vegetarian. My calorie breakdown shows about 50% of my calories are from carbs, 25% from fat, 25% from protein. I’m doing strength training with a trainer who wants me to get around 1g protein per pound and 50% of the calories from protein, 25% from carbs, 25% from fat.

So:
1. Is that goal impossible for a vegetarian/vegan? I can almost get enough protein but too many carbs it would seem.
2. How can I look up which foods are counted as carbs or protein (aside from the obvious like chicken or bread)
3. Should I be asking this of a bodybuilding or vegetarian/vegan group? I see cross-posting violates the rules so I thought I’d start here.

Thanks everybody.

Replies

• norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and the app.
    This is an awesome place with wonderful people

For me I just normallly count my calories and try to be healthier then what I was
    please feel free to add me if you would like :)