Calories need help

Options
So I spent the last couple of hours going over how much I consumed over the past two weeks, and once I figured out how many calories I was burning a day. I was a little shocked at the results. I bought a heart rate monitor that calculates how many calories I burn, and I find I'm burning 450 calories a day.

So here are the results from the past two weeks, I'm hoping this will provide an answer for me because I gained two pounds this past week.

2573 Thursday 2122
1120 Wednesday 900
2535 Tuesday 2084
1583 Monday 1132
2138 Sunday 1687
9949 7927

Calories not consumed 2022

Saturday

1682 Saturday calories remaining 509
2009 Friday 182
1566 Thursday 625
1278 Wednesday 913
1784 Tuesday 407
2574 Monday -383
960 Sunday 980
11,853 consumed total
not consumed 3233

Allowance for the week 13812
Not consumed 3233

Total consumed in two weeks 19 780
Amount of calories not consumed 5255

My total amount of calories I'm allowed to consume 1740 per day
Calories burned per execise approx 450
Burning calories a week is set at 1065 a week

So I'm trying to gain a few answers here, and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Replies

• Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    So I spent the last couple of hours going over how much I consumed over the past two weeks, and once I figured out how many calories I was burning a day. I was a little shocked at the results. I bought a heart rate monitor that calculates how many calories I burn, and I find I'm burning 450 calories a day.

So here are the results from the past two weeks, I'm hoping this will provide an answer for me because I gained two pounds this past week.

2573 Thursday 2122
    1120 Wednesday 900
    2535 Tuesday 2084
    1583 Monday 1132
    2138 Sunday 1687
    9949 7927

Calories not consumed 2022

Saturday

1682 Saturday calories remaining 509
    2009 Friday 182
    1566 Thursday 625
    1278 Wednesday 913
    1784 Tuesday 407
    2574 Monday -383
    960 Sunday 980
    11,853 consumed total
    not consumed 3233

Allowance for the week 13812
    Not consumed 3233

Total consumed in two weeks 19 780
    Amount of calories not consumed 5255

My total amount of calories I'm allowed to consume 1740 per day
    Calories burned per execise approx 450
    Burning calories a week is set at 1065 a week

So I'm trying to gain a few answers here, and I'm hoping someone can help me out.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am having a little trouble following your calculations.....but from the sounds of it, you're not eating enough if I am understand this right.

For the most part, you shouldn't have any calories left that haven't been consumed. Sure there may be a few days where you don't eat exactly all of them, but having 3000 in a week that should have been consumed and weren't points to the fact that you need to be eating those calories.

Also, a two pound gain one week isn't really enough to establish any kind of pattern. It could be water weight, maybe you consumed too much sodium. Our weight can really fluctuate from day to day and hour to hour. There are weeks where I've done everything right and stayed the same weight or gained, and weeks where I ate like a pig and actually lost weight..

Hang in there, it will probably stabilize next week.....but regardless, definitely eat the amount of calories you should be consuming each day.
  • Falcon
    Options
    I think I messed up the calculations in the first week, not by much.

What I did was add up the amount of calories I should be consuming a day, 1740 added in the amount I am burning a day which is 450 which gives me a consumption of 2191 per day, and I don't consume all my calories and they have all added up to eating less calories then I originally thought I was consuming.

According to my BMI I should be consuming at least 2131 calories a day, The amount I don't consume per day ranges between 69 calories to 1000 a day not being consumed, I probably should up the count

My clothes do feel loser though and its beginning to show in the way my clothing fits me
  • pmunro
    pmunro Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree - you have to eat a certain amount as well as exercise. It gets your metabolism moving. Do you watch The Biggest Loser? I've never watched it before this season, but the young guy on there wasn't losing weight, so they increased his calories and WALA! Good luck!
  • Falcon
    Options
    Getting the watch was a good idea, it's giving me a better idea on what I'm doing and its giving me a clearer picture on what I need to do in order to lose weight.

Mikes losing weight like crazy :D
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    it could also have something to do with the fact that your calories are up and down by significant amounts day to day. I would try making things a little more consistant (say within two hundred calories) and eat more calories on a regular basis. Watch your sodium intake as well.
  • Falcon
    Options
    On midnights its a bit more difficult to keep track because I had trouble deciding on when the new day started so I figure when I wake up in the afternoon is when I will start the new day ending it in the morning. This will help me keep track better

On days its easier for me to keep track and I noticed thats when I was losing the weight. At night I find it difficult to eat through out the shift and thats what I need to begin to focus on a little more.

This has been an eye opener for me.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    That 450 a day is what you're burning in exercise, or just by living? If it's just by living, it would be accounted for when you put your lifestyle in as you set up your account (remember putting in if you were sedentary, lightly active, active or very active?).

I don't count the calories I burn in my everyday activities, only if I do something extra (like exercise or extra tough spring cleaning)
  • Falcon
    Options
    execising calories, where I keep my heart rate up around 156 for 26 minutes straight. it went up to 173 a couple of times during the exercising.

I never count calories from day to day life.