Help with workouts that i have no control over!

Options
I'm in the army. Our schedules are supposed to be Monday, Wednesday, Friday Cardio (running anywhere from 2-6 miles) and Tuesday and Thursday Muscle Failure (Mainly push-ups, sit-ups type stuff). It very rarely is like that though. We have 4 gyms on post that I know of, so it would really be a shame to not take advantage of all the free weight equipment I have at my disposal. It's just really hard to make a schedule for weight lifting after work when I have no idea what I will be doing on a day to day basis. Any advice on how to overcome this? I'm just worried about killing myself at the gym, then the next morning going to work and not being able to perform the workouts correctly there (and I'm an NCO, so not performing to standard at morning PT is not an option!)

Replies

• Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wanna say I'm jealous of your PT schedule. I'm in the Air Force and based on my job and schedule, I haven't had to do organized PT since 2008 (except for my PT tests). I'm sure what you're doing during the week is enough, but if you want to utilize the gym, perhaps do it on the weekends or your down days?
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your major muscle groups of glutes, hamstrings and quads are not getting all that much love other than aerobic runs. I'd start with squats, deadlifts and other weight workouts that incorporate multiple large muscle groups.