Nutricious Winter Smoothie

Options
MissyJessy
MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
This is the smoothie recipe that i have every morning it was sent to me by the Dressage Magazine i read.

1/2 cup fruit (blueberries apples or pineapples (rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to strengthen your immune system and protect you from infections and illnesses, ranging from common cold to cancer)
1/2 cup blueberry pr pomegranete juice (especially rich in antioxidants)
2 tablespoons ground Flax seed (rich in omega-3 fatty acids to protect your joints and heart and rejuvinate your skin; high in fiber for appetite control and digestive health)
3 rounded tablespoons flavored protein powder made from soy, peas, or whey (to repair body tissue and provide long lasgting energy and appetite congtrol)
1/2 cup fat-free yogurt with probiotics (to strengthen bones, immunity, and promote digestive health)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (to help stabilize blood sugar and thus appetite and energy level)
1 cup ice.

I have this smoothie every morning it is fantastic. I am extremely active and need the nutrician i really reccoment this
I have entered it into the system so if you look up "nutricious winter smoothie" it will give you the nutricional values.

Enjoy!

Replies

• no_where1976
    no_where1976 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! i will try this one :)
  • HappyMommyTo2
    Options
    Have you calculated the calories in this? Thanks! Sounds great!
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    I have and it is a complete meal replacement due to the calories and protein.

Cals-340
    Carbs-40
    Fat-7
    protein-33

High cals but it keeps me super full and is extremely yummy. I have noticed a difference on how my body feels days where i am consistantly having it for breakfast and days when i am not.
  • Nunni3
    Nunni3 Posts: 12
    Options
    How long does it keep you feeling full? I have a desk job and it seems like I get hungry around the same time everyday....10:30am to 11am...and then I try to eat an apple or some type of fruit.

• MissyJessy
    Options
    I make it in the morning and drink it 8:30 - 9 sometimes it takes me longer to drink and it will keep me full until 12ish. Depends on the day of course. If you find you are still really hungry change the blueberries for 1/2 a banana. Just account for the change in calories and the higher potassium amount should keep you a little more full. (i also decreased the protein powder in mine from 3 heaping tbsp to 3 regular tbsp. i did not modify the recipe though)