Learning to love working out, oh and HELLO!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Christy. I am 25 years old and weigh too much. I would like to lose about 70-80 pounds. With that being said, my main reason for doing so is because I want to be a Mom. Hubby and I have only been trying for 4 months, so I know it hasn't been that long. But I was thinking maybe it God's way of telling me I am not healthy enough for a baby. Fairly decent health. The last time I went to the dr. she was a little concern about my blood pressure. So I want to eliminate this concern. We want a baby so bad I am going to do as much as I have to.

I have been exercising every day so far for 14 days. You know what I have learned about myself? I love the feeling of working out. I love the feeling of control you get, the feeling of accomplishment you get from it. I love the feeling of sweat driping off my face. As Jillian Micheal's says, "its fear leaving the body" LOL

My exercise routine consists of in the A.M. I do Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred, and then in the P.M. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical. I love the cardio the most, but understand the strenghtening is just as important!

Eating. I am counting calories and SAYING NO to myself. I realized that I never tell myself no. No wonder I am 60 pounds over weight! Oh dear!!!! Oh well, we live we learn. The important part is I AM DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Feel free to add me. We can always use more encouragement!

Replies

• RockIn12
    Options
    Welcome!

I am brand new here today too! And starting 30 day shred tomorrow! I hear it can be intense!
    Feel free to add me. The more motivation the better!
  • may62108
    Options
    I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred too! My job is fairly active I'm always on my feet and always moving and sweating, but I've been at my job for 4.5 years and I think it just doesnt push me anymore... So extra exercise is great! The most fun part of doing the 30 day shred is watching my 3.5 year old do it with me! Good luck with your journey and good luck with getting pregnant! Getting healthy is a great start for a family! :D
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred as well. Hate doing it, but I love that I'm losing my "mom gut." I also run 3 or 4 times a week. Kudos for starting your journey!