exercising with foot injury

Options
ok gang,, I need to pick on your brain. Yesterday, I sprained my foot at base of my big toe. I went to doc last night and had xray -- no break. Doc wants me on crutches, I said no thanks. He gave me walking shoe, whatever you call it to prevent my toe from bending as I walk.

I am going to miss going to gym if I can't do anything!

Is there anything I can do at the gym that don't involve foot or toe? I normally go to the gym to hit the water to do some lap as I dislike doing dry-land stuffs.

There is a hottub which I can use after 72 hours, but for now, ice. If there's a way to do lap, what can you suggest?

Thank you for any ideas.

Replies

• Jen102011
    Options
    Years ago, I was having knee problems (tendons on the inside of both knees are stretched out -- very painful). At the time I was taking a swimming class in college, so I had no choice but to alter what I was doing. I used a pull buoy between my legs, which allowed me to work on my upper body and still get some exercise in until the pain was under control (took a few weeks). Good luck!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Years ago, I was having knee problems (tendons on the inside of both knees are stretched out -- very painful). At the time I was taking a swimming class in college, so I had no choice but to alter what I was doing. I used a pull buoy between my legs, which allowed me to work on my upper body and still get some exercise in until the pain was under control (took a few weeks). Good luck!
    So use that and keep my foot above the water?