Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 23

Options
Hi everyone! It's Wednesday! Half way through another week. Another half a week closer to the end of our challenge and success for ourselves in our fitness goals. Keep up the GREAT work everyone! You are ALL doing a FANTASTIC job! *\o/*

Even with my crazy day (it was even worse than I'd predicted yesterday morning) I SOMEHOW managed to get all of my squares filled on my chart. I rode my bike for 36 vigorous minutes (with only 1 pause half way through), did the level 1 Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout, & I got in my waters. Add to that stripping down beds (not because I wanted to but because I had to), washing linens, remaking beds... Ahhh. Another day is here. Thanks SO much for the good wishes for my little one. He won't be well today but hopefully better than yesterday. And, thankfully, the ladies in playgroup said I could drop my 3 year old off to play today which will give both of us a nice break for a few hours at least.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ My Friends!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a GLORIOUS day!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's Wednesday! Half way through another week. Another half a week closer to the end of our challenge and success for ourselves in our fitness goals. Keep up the GREAT work everyone! You are ALL doing a FANTASTIC job! *\o/*

Even with my crazy day (it was even worse than I'd predicted yesterday morning) I SOMEHOW managed to get all of my squares filled on my chart. I rode my bike for 36 vigorous minutes (with only 1 pause half way through), did the level 1 Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout, & I got in my waters. Add to that stripping down beds (not because I wanted to but because I had to), washing linens, remaking beds... Ahhh. Another day is here. Thanks SO much for the good wishes for my little one. He won't be well today but hopefully better than yesterday. And, thankfully, the ladies in playgroup said I could drop my 3 year old off to play today which will give both of us a nice break for a few hours at least.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ My Friends!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a GLORIOUS day!
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Calendar's work! Just a little something to remind us what we should be doing - for all to see - motivates us more.
    Yesterday was two sessions on the elliptical and 10 min of stretch. First time I went to the gym, I forgot the ipod and was a little bored, so I came back that evening. Was going to go to yoga class, but I just finished eating.

It all worked out well, since my yoga teacher called and asked me to teach tonight - so I'm getting a second session in - and getting paid for it :smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Hello - where are the challengers???
  • NTBoard
    Options
    Hello - where are the challengers???

I was wondering that, too, Mary! I keep checking the posts to see if anyone else has checked in! I guess it's just you and me today! YOU GO GIRL! :bigsmile:

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I haven't been a part of this challenge, but I'd like to jump in if that's okay. I am having a really hard time dropping some unwanted pounds that I gained over Christmas and New Years. I love Niccole's postings, though, so if you're okay with it, I'll chime in.

Today: 1 hr spinning class, 15 minutes on the stair climber, 1 hr strength train with my trainer. It was a great workout day! I am going to pick my husband up from work tonight, so I was considering going for a nice long walk before that. We'll see, though.

Looking good everyone!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katie!
    I'm a little late checking in! I did 75 minutes of taebo and upper body today. It must be working because I finally got off my plateau with a 3 pound loss! I'm still excited! :bigsmile:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I'm late too but I'm here! My daily routine took a turn for the worse today so I didn't get to exercise until after lunch. I did the 45 minute Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn and 20 minute Pilates. Scale is still stuck but jeans that I wore right after the holidays are falling right off without being unbuttoned so I'm happy. Trying a new low-cal Salmon & Asparagus recipe tonight. Crossing my fingers cause I'm not a big "fish" fan but I would like to be for obvious reasons. Everyone have a great night!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Home late today, but hitting the weights hard tonight while watching shows I tivo'ed. Aiming for 30 minutes, adding another set to my circuit.

Also, walked home from the subway station carrying my (at least 15 lbs...I"m afraid to weigh it) backpack.

Pretty tired now, actually.:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    40 minutes snowshoeing, 20 minutes strength training.
  • NTBoard
    Options
    So good to *see* everyone! I was worried I'd *said* something to scare everyone off! And, Katie - I'm so glad you are joining us! :happy:

Have a GREAT evening everyone! I still have my workouts ahead of me... Wish me luck - or how about strength, endurance, & energy?!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Still here, just a very long night tending to a 104+ fever that didn't break until about 6am... We almost took him to urgent care. :cry: I was SO scared. He's finally on the mend and had a great day!

I squeezed in a nap between things today, and am o.k. to workout. 60 min on gazelle is my goal, we'll see how much I get in. Something is better than nothing. Made a swim date for the morning & my husband picked up a pair of goggles for me tonight; pool is finally offering lap times during the day :smile: Yipee!
  • suerichard
    Options
    Hello everyone! Nice to see that others are doing well also. Today is the start of week 2 for me and if it's as good as last week I'll literally be jumping for joy, as I just bought a new jump rope and plan to start using it next week. I add a new exercise each week, just to keep things interesting. We have a lot of snow here, so I try to get out snowshoeing twice a week, and walk the other five days, I also walk the three blocks to work four days per week. Here's to a successful week to all!:bigsmile:
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm here! :heart: I went to my 60 minute spin class tonight. For those that do spin - today's class was loaded with jumps. It was a good one! I'm happy with how the week is going and hoping I don't "fall off the wagon" over the weekend again! :blushing:

Congratulations to all of us! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: