Favorite low calorie/ low fat snack?

Options

Replies

• camsmom0904
    camsmom0904 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow those are all great ideas thanks! Will definitely have to do some grocery shopping now to try some new low cal snacks :bigsmile:
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Dannon Light and Fit Diabetic Friendly Yogurt. It only comes in two flavors, though. Strawberry and Vanilla.
    Still it is wonderful at 50 cal. / 3 carbs.

Where do you get this at? I've never seen it before, I've been looking for a lower sugar/carb yogurt.
  • Deuxtrouble
    Options
    I found this yogurt....Source Yogurt - Desserts. Lemon Meringue, Cherry Cobbler, and 2 other flavours that I can't think of right now. 35 calories. And really good. I like their exotic line as well.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Kind of surprised nobody's tossed Cottage Cheese out there yet. A serving is 90 cals and an awesome dose of protein. You can combine it with lots of fruits, cereal, and even toast. Lots of ways to jazz it up if you don't like it plain.
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Dr Kracker Pumpkin Cheddar Flatbread (1) (or other flatbreads low calories) with Hummus (all kinds of flavors) or Laughing Cow Lite Cheese Wedge. YUMMY

12908857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Kellymac88
    Kellymac88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Kind of surprised nobody's tossed Cottage Cheese out there yet. A serving is 90 cals and an awesome dose of protein. You can combine it with lots of fruits, cereal, and even toast. Lots of ways to jazz it up if you don't like it plain.

This is definitely my go to!!
  • gatecityradio
    Options

Good one, can't believe I forgot that. I usually have 1/2 cup with my lunch everyday.
  • jstreams
    Options
    definitely greek yogurt, fruit salads, and celery with peanut butter!
  • zenshe
    zenshe Posts: 14
    Options
    Pirate's Booty - Aged White Cheddar

Pria Bar - Choc. Peanut Crunch
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes and Lean meats.
  • LtThrace
    Options
    Lychees - each is about 10 calories and they are fun to peel. They really help if I am craving sweets.

Apricots - about 15 calories each.

A few of these will usually satisfy if I am craving for a snack. I havent found a similiar solution to a salty/savory craving though.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nairns Oatcakes - Ginger or Fruit and Spice - only 42 calories each :happy:
  • snowpony
    snowpony Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yoghurt packs they come in the lunchbox size. totally yummy
  • BelleEns
    BelleEns Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Won't make much sense to those of you in the US, but ryvita crackerbread with marmite. Mmmm.
  • TwinMumCork
    TwinMumCork Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    nairns oatbiscuits - chocolate chip only 42 cals have two with a tsp of pure nut butter for 113 calories

apple or pear and a few almonds or other nuts
  • alsilecchia
    Options
    I love Orville Redenbacher's whole grain pop corn mini bags Salt and Pepper is my fave ... its a great snack and just enough:)
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    GG Bran Crisps - Bob Harper and several of the Biggest Loser Contestants recommended them.
    1/2 T. PB
    1/2 T. Nutella

SO FILLING!!!!
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love the indiana popcorn sweet and salty and its all natural soooo good !!!!
  • daivute_wimc
    daivute_wimc Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I agree! I mix it with some jam or honey

Watermelon is very good, too. I just had something like 250g and it was only 75kcal! it looks a lot on the plate so your eyes are satisfied ;) you can also add a spoon of plain yogurt to it.
  • Wendyp2011
    Options
    My favourite snack is wholewheat rice cake with low fat cottage cheese & pineapple. I sometimes have one or two of these when I get home from work if I am really hungry, so that satisfies me a little then I can get on with preparing a healthy dinner. It also satisfies my sweet tooth.