Still hungry!!! help!

Options
I've just finished my lunch

I've been grazing all day and I'm still hungry!!

how can i take my mind off food?

help!

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. If you like crafts, get involved with something using your hands so you don't want to pick up food. Or, gorge yourself on fresh veggies - at least they're low cal.
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Are you actually hungry, or are you just bored?

Have a big glass of water, and every time you feel like taking a bite, drink some. If you are just bored, find something to do! At least you are snacking on healthy foods.
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. If you like crafts, get involved with something using your hands so you don't want to pick up food. Or, gorge yourself on fresh veggies - at least they're low cal.

I wish i could - i'm actually at work.. if i was at home or out it wouldnt be a problem!!! I have a million things I could be doing with my hands... (muic, gym etc)
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    IMHO you're hungry because you aren't eating enough. You have two things recorded for breakfast and lunch, and 1 for dinner. You said you were grazing all day. What did you eat? Did you forget to record it?

Personally, I find I have some hungry days (where I feel like a bottomless pit) and some days where I am not so hungry.

Try some tea and some low calorie veggies?
  • slambiase
    Options
    I also like a nice warm herbal tea. you can add a little agave nectar to keep it low glycemic. Also snacks like celery sticks and carrot sticks are good to munch on
  • toebass
    Options
    IMHO you're hungry because you aren't eating enough. You have two things recorded for breakfast and lunch, and 1 for dinner. You said you were grazing all day. What did you eat? Did you forget to record it?

Personally, I find I have some hungry days (where I feel like a bottomless pit) and some days where I am not so hungry.

Try some tea and some low calorie veggies?

It's actually Monday where I am (Australia), you're probably looking at my Sunday diary :)
  • toebass
    Options
    I also like a nice warm herbal tea. you can add a little agave nectar to keep it low glycemic. Also snacks like celery sticks and carrot sticks are good to munch on

I wish i could do celery and carrot right now, but i've recently just had my braces retightened, so i'ma bit limited on which raw foods I can eat :(
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I always get hungry before my period just have a day I can't eat enough..or are you thinking about the word DIET this is a lifestyle change best of luck
  • jrusnell10
    jrusnell10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try eating nuts, I like raw almonds. Things high in protein will keep you full and for longer. Also, drinking water is good. Hunger pangs are not only caused by hunger, but dehydration. You may think you are hungry, but you could actually just be thirsty.
  • a140
    a140 Posts: 7
    Options
    Try eating peels of 3 apples (not the fruit) with some nuts and berries.
    You will feel full for several hours.
  • toebass
    Options
    Try eating nuts, I like raw almonds. Things high in protein will keep you full and for longer. Also, drinking water is good. Hunger pangs are not only caused by hunger, but dehydration. You may think you are hungry, but you could actually just be thirsty.

again I can't do nuts :( (stupid braces!!)

I've drunk a tonne of water, still not goign away

if i hold out till 3 (1 more hour or so) then I will smash a banana and have a sugar free choco milk i think
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh, sorry. A banana that is still green supposedly helps curbs appetite.

I drink coffee in the morning and with lunch cuz it leaves me very, very full.

If you are totally craving one food in particular, just eat it. I have found I wanted a certain sweet, and I will try eating a bunch of other things, and in the end I just need to eat the one stupid food and I stop eating period.

If it just hunger, there are low fat options. But with the braces, you are going to be severely limited. Have you taken tylenol or advil for the pain? I can't remember what my kids did on those days. A smoothie with peanut butter and yogurt (and a slightly green banana!) will stuff you up and can be drunk.