Losing 15lbs in 5wks?

Options
Hi everyone,
If you have any suggestions on how to lose 15 lbs in 5 weeks I would love to hear them. I have lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks and I'm eating <1200 calories a day and excercising an hour with an average of 4 days a week.
Please help, vacation in 5 weeks and I want to look my BEST:happy:
Thanks

Replies

• retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    If you have any suggestions on how to lose 15 lbs in 5 weeks I would love to hear them. I have lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks and I'm eating <1200 calories a day and excercising an hour with an average of 4 days a week.
    Please help, vacation in 5 weeks and I want to look my BEST:happy:
    Thanks
  • honey2101
    honey2101 Posts: 29
    Options
    yes you can lose 15lbs in 5 weeks (3lbs/week).. Its a realistic goal.. I've been losing weight through portion control, dont eat when im not hungry anymore+low carbohydrates after 5pm (no bread, pasta, chocolate, wine etc!). Find something to motivate you- all it takes is determination! xx
  • RoxieFoston
    Options
    :happy: I think that I would try the south beach phase 1. You get to eat a lot of good food while eliminating junk. Good luck. Where are you going on Vacation?
  • chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    I agree with Roxie. I have done the South Beach Diet and with Phase one you can lose bewtween 8-13 pounds in two weeks. Of course that is if you don't cheat on the diet. Phase 1 is the most restrictive in SBD. It is not a low carb or low fat diet . South Beach is about chosing the right carbs and the Right Fats . Phase 1 is suppose to help you get rid of your cravings for the bad carbs and the bad fats. That is why you have no pasta,bread, potatoes, rice, sugar, flour, sweets, and even fruit.
    Dr. Agaston has wriiten another book called South Beach Diet SuperCharged. It helps to incorporate exercise with this diet.
    There is a South Beach Diet online but it is not free. Here is the link if you want to check it out.
    You do get a free profile but that is it. www.southbeachdiet.com

If you are like me...el cheapo...(lol) check out the following link and it will tell you about it also.

http://www.dietsinreview.com/

Plus it tells you reviews on all types of diets if South Beach is not right for you,
    I wish you the best on your weight loss . God Bless :smile:
  • kevmandfl
    kevmandfl Posts: 41
    Options
    Just bumping this for later.
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • retrobaby
    Options
    I agree with Roxie. I have done the South Beach Diet and with Phase one you can lose bewtween 8-13 pounds in two weeks. Of course that is if you don't cheat on the diet. Phase 1 is the most restrictive in SBD. It is not a low carb or low fat diet . South Beach is about chosing the right carbs and the Right Fats . Phase 1 is suppose to help you get rid of your cravings for the bad carbs and the bad fats. That is why you have no pasta,bread, potatoes, rice, sugar, flour, sweets, and even fruit.
    Dr. Agaston has wriiten another book called South Beach Diet SuperCharged. It helps to incorporate exercise with this diet.
    There is a South Beach Diet online but it is not free. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

If you are like me...el cheapo...(lol) check out the following link and it will tell you about it also.

Plus it tells you reviews on all types of diets if South Beach is not right for you,
  • retrobaby
    Options

Thank you so much for the helpful information...and I am "el cheapo" LOL. I feel like at this rate I need a little extra help because the weight loss will level off. I def. will try the South Beach Phase 1 diet. I wonder if I can get the book from the local libraray...SEE I am cheap!!! Well I am off for my run/walk...on my way to losing...hopefully!

• retrobaby
    Options
    :happy: I think that I would try the south beach phase 1. You get to eat a lot of good food while eliminating junk. Good luck. Where are you going on Vacation?

Vegas Baby!!! Thank you for the helpful information. I'm def. goingto try Phase I.:flowerforyou:
  • retrobaby
    Options

Sorry the the many quotes having trouble figuring this stuff out. Your information was very helpful I will try the Phase 1 of South Beach. Oh and I am "El Cheapo" LOL
  • hetipt01
    hetipt01 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey!
    Sounds like you're in the same position as I am in. I am going on vacation in about 6 weeks with my boyfriend and his family. I want to look my absolute best! I do have one suggestion though which may sound like suicide.. but did you ever think about increasing your calories? Or at least make sure you are eating the extra calories you get from exercising. Your body needs those cals to burn fat! Well Good Luck!! Hope you meet your goal!!
  • retrobaby
    Options
    Hey!
    Sounds like you're in the same position as I am in. I am going on vacation in about 6 weeks with my boyfriend and his family. I want to look my absolute best! I do have one suggestion though which may sound like suicide.. but did you ever think about increasing your calories? Or at least make sure you are eating the extra calories you get from exercising. Your body needs those cals to burn fat! Well Good Luck!! Hope you meet your goal!!

Hetipt01:
    OMG I think I'm too scared to increase calories, but I do understand what you are saying. I looked into the Southbaech Diet and I'm going to try it...STARTING tomorrow LOL. My husband is on board so I think I will be able to achieve my goal. Why can't we eat and not gain weight(just a thought!)? Anyway good luck to you and I'm going to try to keep everyone posted on my success OR not (ouch). Good luck to you and have a blast on your vaca.