Snacking at work has piled on the pounds....

Options
..... I work in Guest Services which involes either 8+ hours stood behind a reception desk chatting to guests, taking bookings etc or 8+ hours sat at a desk in a call centre doing the same but with the chance to munch my way through lots of snacks.

It wasn't too bad when I started as the role was very varied however in November 2011 I suffered from a knee injury and as a result my manager kindly agreed to let me work in the call centre to give me a chance to rest hoever it also helped me pile on the pounds because of the constant snacking.

Does anyone else have a similar issue, who can offer me some advice?

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    We have free snacks at my work and can eat as much as we want and the snacks available are: chips, m&ms, cookies, and poptarts. I have a fairly sedentary job and I'm mostly on my computer or sitting in groups. To prevent snacking all day I :

1) Drink lots of water all day
    2) Eat a big, healthy breakfast before I go into work
    3) Pack a bunch of healthy yummy snacks and a healthy lunch
    4) Tell my coworkers what my fitness goals are and ask them to encourage me to stick to my plan
    5) If I'm feeling really tempted I brush my teeth or chew a piece of minty gum. I don't like to eat after brushing my teeth.

Hope this helps! Good luck :)