whats the one move in 30 day shred that kills you everytime?

jenna715
jenna715 Posts: 201
edited October 18 in Fitness and Exercise
For me its the chair squats with chest flies on level 2 (and I haven't even made it to level 3!). I can never do every single one. I've been doing level 2 for 3 days now.

Replies

• BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    For me it is the side lunges and anterior raises in level 1 of all things! By that time I am tired and my arms don't want to lift anymore hahaha.
  • I love jillian super fast results. What kills me is the pushups and i had an operation on my knee 8 weeks ago so i have to adjust and limit. I alternate the workouts and throw in her no trouble zones. I do a lot of yelling at the tv lol
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    For me it is the side lunges and anterior raises in level 1 of all things! By that time I am tired and my arms don't want to lift anymore hahaha.

That is the 2nd hardest move for me!! I didn't even master it before I moved to level 2! its so hard
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    I did 30 Day Shred in October and I hated the side lunges with the shoulder raises and I am now doing Ripped in 30 and she has us doing them again! Ughhhhh:sad: Oh, well, I'm moving up to the next level tomorrow so hopefully they'll be history :smile:
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    The jumping lunges! Every time I have to switch to regular ones about half way through.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    pushups
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,640 Member
    The push ups
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Level 1: Side lunges with anterior raises (I could never do them all, even when the rest of level 1 got easy for me)
    Level 2: Chair squats with the arm raises

Haven't started level 3 yet but hopefully there won't be anything like those two moves! My arms simply cannot take it!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    The planks from Level 2 - the move was so hard on my shoulder. I would wake up with a stiff back to the point that I could barely move. I had to focus on doing Level 1 and 3 only. I am currently doing Ripped in 30 and will start Level 2 this week and I see that there are some plank excercises. Oh well, hope that my endurance has improved. We will see! :-)
  • axnesshj
    axnesshj Posts: 28 Member
    Level One: The jumping jacks and then jump rope circuit- that kills my calves. I have never completed it successfully and I have done level one 18 times... I am doing the challenge now and am finishing level one- my day 10 is tomorrow. I can not give info on Level 2 and 3 , but I'm sure it will be even more challenging.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Definitely the side lunges....their a killer...which is all the more reason I need to do them!!!
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    The squats are killing me! I swear every day that Jillian will kill me...

Ps My thighs are on fire.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Level 1: Side lunges with anterior raises

Haven't started level 3 yet but hopefully there won't be anything like those two moves! My arms simply cannot take it!

This is me exactly.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,338 Member
    Pushing play on the dvd.

But seriously, any of the front shoulder raises. However I have been told that is not a natural movement so most people find anterior deltoid muscle work harder than lateral or posterior so I feel better!
  • Level 1: Side lunges with anterior raises (I could never do them all, even when the rest of level 1 got easy for me)

^ what she said!! ^
  • The stupid push ups!

But the side lunges with the arm raises is tough too. I'm starting level 2 this week, so I'm sure there'll be a ...challenge....there too!
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    The jumping jacks, jump rope, jumping jacks, and then jump rope. Can't last. Working on it though and each time I do it there is an improvement!

Also push up - I can't even do one. =(
  • AllyDelair
    AllyDelair Posts: 91 Member

me too!!!

the jump rope makes my calves burn and the bicycle crunches i used to hate, but i just mastered them the other day. i start day 10 tomorrow so im still in level one. ughh!
  • Jumping jacks!! I feel like my boobs take a major beating. Also, the side lunges with arm lifts. I feel like my arms are going to fall off by that stage. :sad:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    The side lunges with the arm lifts...I always think my arms are going to fall off. I can't manage to do the bicycle crunches worth a crap either...Idk why I just like can't figure it out, lmao
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    I hated the whole level 2 because I hate plank. Its one of my resolutions to work on that this year and maybe when I do the 30 day again in July I'll be better at it.

Bicycle crunches probably are the worst or the plank with the knee lifts because my big fat belly gets in the way lol.
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    the jumping plank in level2 and then she jumps right into another exercise...I seriously cant breath
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Definitely the push ups in level 1! And ya know what kills me? As soon as you get started doing pushups, she starts holding a conversation. It always makes me feel like she is forgetting we are on the floor sweating and farting!!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Level 3 I hate the Sumo squat hops ( think that is what they are called, where you point your toes outwards and squat down and do hops), my quads are on fire!
    Love all the push up stuff in 30 Day Shred, especially the walk out push ups. Funny thing is when I first started Level 1 I couldn't finish them doing the regular push ups on Day 1. So, stick with it and you will master them!
  • SusanMarie7777
    SusanMarie7777 Posts: 11 Member
    For me, the push ups!!! I have very little strength in my arms so I struggle with these. Working on getting some muscle, hopefully that will help!
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 434 Member
    I know I'm totally going to butcher the spelling but those dam anterior lunges? I hate them I can barely lift my arms by that time.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    honestly my hardest part is in level one when we do the squats and have to keep the weights at 90 degree angle with out eyes and come up and list over the head. It makes my arms burn. Everything else is okay. The push-ups do get me a bit, I try and push out twelve then switch to girly push-ups.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    The side lunches with anterior raises and the bicycle crunches. I always huff, puff, and grunt during those.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member

Same for me
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 532 Member
    You ladies made me giggle.

My worst is in Level one...very last set of abs when you're doing the bicycle curls or what ever the hell that evil woman calls them. The part where she says "I know you feel that knot in your stomach! Thats your body's way of telling you its changing!"
    I protest with, "No *****. Thats my hernia popping out of my guts!!!!" (I have a hernia about two inches below where by boobs should be.....lol 6" above bellybutton.)
This discussion has been closed.