Is it Normal?

Options
I have been going to the gym EVERY DAY for 6 weeks and counting my calories.
I mix it up (as recommended) cardio, weights, pilates, yoga etc.... I AM seeing a difference which is great, however is it normal to only have lost 5 lbs in 6 weeks??????
I am a smaller person and don't need to lose too much however, I see some people on here who are losing 5 lbs in ONE week. I honestly don't know what more I can do.

Thanks for any suggestions/recommendations:happy:

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym EVERY DAY for 6 weeks and counting my calories.
    I mix it up (as recommended) cardio, weights, pilates, yoga etc.... I AM seeing a difference which is great, however is it normal to only have lost 5 lbs in 6 weeks??????
    I am a smaller person and don't need to lose too much however, I see some people on here who are losing 5 lbs in ONE week. I honestly don't know what more I can do.

Thanks for any suggestions/recommendations:happy:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    yes...very normal when there isn't that much to lose,,,,,I know it is so hard but the number on the scale really means very little,,,,how you feel and how you are able to function (run, jump, lift, breath....) is a better indication of your fitness.....how much we weigh has very little to do with how fit we are....do you feel good? have energy? changing focus towards those and away from the scale makes things a whole lot easier and more fun!
    good luck:smile:
  • agapita1965
    agapita1965 Posts: 130
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great!!! Congrats on losing 5 pounds!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yep, very normal. 5 lbs in 6 weeks is actually really really good!
  • caranne
    caranne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yep, normal when you have only a small amount to lose, I see from your profile that you are over half way to your target. weigh to go!!! :smile:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the positive feedback!!! It makes me feel better to know I'm not wasting my time and effort!! I'm determined to keep going and look good this summer!!

Much success to you all !!:flowerforyou: