MFP Runners Club Saturday 03/14/09

Options
Hi - Did a nice easy 7 miles today. Got to fuel up for tomorrow, will be running 15 miles in the morning. Get to eat today, yipee.

Replies

• bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi - Did a nice easy 7 miles today. Got to fuel up for tomorrow, will be running 15 miles in the morning. Get to eat today, yipee.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    10 mile run for me!! OUTSIDE!! Yay for no treadmill, temp about 25* when we started at 5AM. Felt awesome and finished my last mile faster than my long pace (9:22 pace, finished mile 9 at a 9 min pace on the nose).

Feeling READY for the half marathon in 4 weeks!!! :bigsmile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I did a 4 mile easy run. Well, it would have been easy if I hadn't just finished Kenpo X! Felt good though.

Jess - do you run on the rest/stretch day or do you truly make it a rest day?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I did a 4 mile easy run. Well, it would have been easy if I hadn't just finished Kenpo X! Felt good though.

Jess - do you run on the rest/stretch day or do you truly make it a rest day?

I stretch every day, and especially after every run. I stretch at night while watching tv and use a foam roller to roll my IT bands/ legs. It WORKS. I've had tendonitis too many times, I have learned the hard way that stretching is the KEY for me to keep running. So... I usually take Sundays *off* from intentional exercise. Good job getting through Kenpo and a run! :bigsmile:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Hello nice weather!
    It was getting old with my exercise DVD's. Did about 6 miles in 35 degrees and it's going to get nicer. I hope spring has truly sprung here in Iowa. Good runs to everyone.

Lisa
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Too nice not to run even with a bad neck - did an easy 3 miles in my newest pair of shoes. Good news neck isn't any worse than before I went out for the run. Sunny and 40s in the Detroit area. YEAH!!!!