mcAlisters Deli..and we wonder why kids are fat

Options
Their kids PB&J is 714 calories!!!! just the sandwich. That is INSANE. You would have to cut that in fours and divy it for all meals and snacks for the day.

I am trying to find some "healthy" options prior to going there for me and my 3 yr old and WOW..307 for their hotdog plus I get her a fruit cup which is 98. I thought the mac and cheese would be bad but its 200..She could have 3-4 of those in place of the sandwich.:mad:

Replies

• coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Their kids PB&J is 714 calories!!!! just the sandwich. That is INSANE. You would have to cut that in fours and divy it for all meals and snacks for the day.

I am trying to find some "healthy" options prior to going there for me and my 3 yr old and WOW..307 for their hotdog plus I get her a fruit cup which is 98. I thought the mac and cheese would be bad but its 200..She could have 3-4 of those in place of the sandwich.:mad:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Don't kiddos burn a whole lot of calories though?
    I mean, 700+ seems a little high....though for a PB&J...
    I guess you gotta take into account what it's made out of an how much... (like 2 TBS PB and 1 TBS jam. etc)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Ew, how much peanut butter do they put on there? I have a one tbsp limit. :tongue: Who's McAlister?
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    It's insane how high in calories a lot of kids meals are! I have Eat This, Not That for Kids and I LOVE that book! It really puts things into perspective! Kids due tend to burn off calories a lot faster, but I still have a huge issue with packing my 3yr olds with high calories at every meal, as well as high amounts of sodium and fat!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Ew, how much peanut butter do they put on there? I have a one tbsp limit. :tongue: Who's McAlister?

mcAlisters is a sandwich chain resturant. Like a Panera bread or Jasons Deli
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    At least the deli display/published the calorie count!