Foot Odor....

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
Ok, I know this is gross, but its obvious that my feet will sweat from exercising. I come home, shower and my feet still smell. Anyone have any suggestions????
I've even bought new sneakers ..thinking the smell was coming from them. NOPE.....just my stinky feet.

Thanks!!:tongue:

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know this is gross, but its obvious that my feet will sweat from exercising. I come home, shower and my feet still smell. Anyone have any suggestions????
    I've even bought new sneakers ..thinking the smell was coming from them. NOPE.....just my stinky feet.

Thanks!!:tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Baking soda is supposed to help I think. Make sure you always wear socks inside your shoes, and that your shoes "breathe" - with that meshy layer on running shoes. I don't have this problem but my fiance, who is a phys-ed teacher and in the gym all day for 5 day s of the week REALLY does. :laugh: I promise you his are worse than yours. Just do your best to keep them clean and dry. Wash them and dry them before and after a workout and change your socks right after too.
  • macollins79
    Options
    I put gold bond powder in my gym shoes...
    after each work out I put some powder in each shoe and tap the shoe so it cover the whole inside.
    The only thing about gold bond it has a cool feeling when you wear the shoes, but it helps with odor and mosture.
    It has helped me!

137570.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound weird but also try jell-o, it actually works, you soak your feet for 5-10 minutes and them rinse them off. Don't ask me why but I guess it's not just for snacking anymore!:laugh:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I know this will sound weird but also try jell-o, it actually works, you soak your feet for 5-10 minutes and them rinse them off. Don't ask me why but I guess it's not just for snacking anymore!:laugh:

... But you probably should refrain from snacking the jell-o after you've soaked your feet. :tongue:

Seriously, if you're eating a lot of sugar, that can cause foot odor, as well as spicy foods.
  • Disko
    Disko Posts: 7
    Options
    I have seen this on television, (Oprah...because my wife makes me watch Oprah) but have not tried it. Soak your feet in brewed tea, this one girl had a roommate who had terrible foot odor and the expert on the show suggested Brewed tea..cold of course. And both girls said it worked very very well.

Good luck!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    My mom used to put deoderante under and between her toes to help with the stinkies....it worked.
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    Your shoes are not drying out between workouts. In a day your feet sweat 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sweat.

Buy two pairs of shoes and never wear the same pair two days in a row. Pull out the insoles and open them up to dry/air out . The Bacteria that cause the smell love moist and warm environments. Sounds expensive? The shoes will last twice as long as you are wearing them less. So the cost is the same over a 1 year period.