horse loving person looking forward to dropping 60lbs

Options
Hi Horse loving person here. I unfortunately love the wrong foods and they love my body. Please feel free to add me if you have this much to lose. I am a unhappy 238 and hope to get to 160 again. Heck right now I would settle for 237.5!
I need help and tons of it! My husband is growing tired of my constant complaining and groaning about getting in shape. He has been in shape for two years! I am proud of him. But he doesn't understand a woman's weight issues. He just pumps iron doesn't even do cardio or stretches. Its all frustrating to me when he brings Cheetohs in the house along with a few other naughty foods. arrgghhh I am tired of this sabotogery! HELPPPPPP

Replies

• starstudent5
    Options
    Well I don't have a husband to sabotage me, but I do pretty well all by myself. I've been overweight all my life and it's hard to break those lifelong habits. But when those habits get in the way of things that I love doing, it gives me the motivation to break them. I grew up around horses but when I just kept getting heavier, I started caring more about my next meal than my next ride. I've given myself long term goals to help keep me motivated and when I lose 75 lbs, I'll look into leasing a horse and getting back in the saddle.
  • lareymarey
    Options
    Hi I have the hubby who again doesnt understand that i am not happy carrying more weight than i should.
    I have a horse and recently bought a youngster , the first time we had a lesson i was so unfit i could hardly complete the lesson.
    So my goal is to loose 20lb or more improve my fitness levels so i can enjoy riding the youngster and feel better at a lower weight .
  • empresso
    Options
    we have the same goal! i know what you mean by the sabotage, my dad buys horribly yummy food that i cannot resist. then again, it's about self control. and apparently i am weak. lol. i am working on that. i wish you nothing but the best !
  • ansata
    ansata Posts: 52
    Options
    Lareymarey
    Yeah I rode for an hour doing a lesson with my trainer and I thought I was going to fall off the horse I was so whipped! I couldn't even get back on when he rode him for a few minutes for me. I got on but it took a while!!!! ugh!!

Empresso, remind your dad that those foods he loves to buy and eat himself is what causes dads to have cardiovascular problems! If that is your picture you look very young and don't need to lose more than 60 lbs! But I can't tell from the picture. I put my picture on there to constantly remind me to do something and GET MOVING!

Cheers everyone! And Drink more water!