Stranger here...I have no clue....need friends

Options
I just came back from a physical and obvisouly it didn't go well. My goal is to run for 1 hour and loose close to 100 lbs. I"m new here and would love to find people who will be supportive with me. I have 2 small kids and want to be healthy for them as well as me. I hope we all are able to reach our goals successfully.

Replies

• Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place to look for support! I've been here since October and am losing about 1 lb. a week! The trick is to log everything you eat and to drink plenty of water. Glad you're getting healthy while your kids are still small. I waited until mine were older and had trouble keeping up with them. I'm determined to get healthy before the grandkids come along! Just sent you a friend request.
  • kellbellblue
    Options
    I'm brand new as well. Right there with ya!
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    I have 2 children myself and am working it off. Lets do this!!!
  • springermoms
    Options
    i can relate. my doctor scolded me intensely due to cholest. and blood pressure numbers crazy high. my challenge always has been my weight. you are clearly not alone in this struggle. i feel the food diary makes me more cognizant of how much i'm consuming. ''
    my next doc visit is in feb and i'm working diligently to show improvement before i am put on drugs. we can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    am not new but im always open to supportive friends (of course am supportive back :P ) i also have two pretty young children 2 and 5. feel free to add me if u would like :)
  • dalygirl_2010
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am also new, been on only a week. I have 70 plus pounds to lose. It will be a long but doable journey. Welcome!! Remember You are not alone, we are here for you!
  • Venus2011
    Options
    Welcome. You will have plenty of support here. Main thing is to be truthful on your food diary. Cheating on it will only hurt you. I have only been on for 2 weeks. Tomorrow is my first weigh in. Whenever you need encouragement, suppport or question your MFP are always there for you. Happy trails. :drinker:
  • Venus2011
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :smile:
  • CBM23
    CBM23 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, I'm always open to friends to support me and of course, to support. One thing I've learned though out my experience so far is that your body is so much more capable than you can even imagine, you can do anything you set your mind to and that anything is possible if you work towards it.
    Believe in yourself, keep pushing forward and you WILL reach your goal. :)
  • southrider
    southrider Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I've been using mfp since jan 2nd and I absolutely love it!! I'm in need of some more friends to join me on my weight loss journey..I have 100+ pounds to go.
  • CINDYDEL
    Options
    I am quite abit older than you I'd guess since I have 5 grown children and 7 grandchildren and turned 49 yesterday (Sunday). But I noticed your goal is to lose around a 100 lbs and that is my goal as well. So if you would like to work together on this I would love to do so as I am so tired of being overweight. My husband is military and I am so tired of being the fattest woman at all of the military functions!
  • marie808
    Options
    been here again..this time I'm going to do it!! anyone want to add for support?
  • nickyyoshi
    nickyyoshi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have two small kids as well. I lost weight with the first one pretty easily. But not the second one. Still have 30 lbs to go and my youngest is already 18 months. I should be done by now. But I haven't fully committed so maybe with support I can do this.
  • r2e2
    r2e2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined and I also have no clue, I am reading and checking out the logging process right now. I do not know how to add people yet, I would also like any kind of support friends:happy: