Hello New to this Site

Options
Hello My Name is Penny and I am new to this try a diet plan. As I usually have no will power.But I plan on trying real hard this time around. I recently quit smoking too about 1 month, so it makes it a little rougher. Any words of encouragement would help !!:smile:

Replies

• penny090
    penny090 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello My Name is Penny and I am new to this try a diet plan. As I usually have no will power.But I plan on trying real hard this time around. I recently quit smoking too about 1 month, so it makes it a little rougher. Any words of encouragement would help !!:smile:
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Hello Penny...welcome to MFP...hopefully you will find all the great tools here very helpful..and of course, all the people supportive and motivational. I quit smoking 6 yrs ago (2 packs a day) so I can relate. I wish I had started changing my eating habits then. But I didn't. Never too late though. Just make sure you drink lots of water, stick to your calorie intake, try hard to make better food choices...and log on with any questions...good luck on your weight loss journey!!!
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Good Luck! This site is wonderful everyone is so helpful.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Welcome penny. The great thing about this site is you are in complete control over what you eat and when/if you exercise. Make sure to use the guided goal-setting tool. Start logging your food right away. If you mess up, just get back on track when you can and don't give up. If you want to, you can do it. But again, if you slip up from time to time, you can still do it -- just realize you're also human.
  • kasullivan2
    Options
    What a great deal to do with both the smoking cessation and loosing weight. It will be really hard, but how wonderful for your health! If you mess up, stop and start again. Don't wait for a weekend to get back on the waggon or for a date. Just say, OK I messed up, I'm putting the chips down right this minutes and getting out of the house for a walk, or whatever. Good luck and be proud of yourself for being healthy!
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    Penny, The results maybe slow at first, but they snowball. Make sure you set responsible goals for yourself. The key is both food and exercise. Exercise even if that means only a walk around the block at first....then 2 next week.

You will do great!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hi Penny, Welcome to MFP. I love everything I've found on this site. I hooked up with a thread called 50+ women. We keep in touch with each other, encourage each other, and share good ideas. Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43180-50-women-for-the-month-of-march

I started slowly and just tried to concentrate on one day at a time. After taking lots of baby steps I'm finding an eating plan that works for me and some exercise that I like.:bigsmile:

good luck. on your journey.:bigsmile: :smile: :wink: