quirky dietisms

Options
I don't really think I'm obsessed, as a matter of fact I think I used to look at MFP a lot more and freak out about the calories and stuff.

Lately though I've been a lot better about trying not to just "eyeball" things. I've considered making measuring cups permanent residents in my purse....

What "crazy" stuff have you done that would seem abnormal to someone not dieting?

Replies

• ditzybutsexy
    Options
    Bringing my food in containers while running errands and eating them in my car.

Asking wait peoples if "healthy" versions on menu is cooked with butter & wiping off excess oils off steaks and fish after the food arrives.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options

Asking wait peoples if "healthy" versions on menu is cooked with butter & wiping off excess oils off steaks and fish after the food arrives.

I do the same thing at restaurants! it's amazing(and annoying) that they'll still put butter on steamed broccoli!
    I get bummed when I forget to ask them to leave something off my meal when I go out (like mayo, or when I forget to sub wheat for white)
  • ditzybutsexy
    Options
    We are like twins separated at birth!!! :D
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

The fact that I eat vegetables at most meals. Why is this such a foreign concept??
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I send back salads that have bacon or cheese and croutons on them and I will also send back food if it looks like they prepared it with too much oil. I also grill the waitperson about how they prepare certain dishes. One time a waiter actually had the cook come out and talk to me because my order was so complicated.
  • ditzybutsexy
    Options
    Becos if you want vegetables, you should've ordered the salad that is 1000 calories.... LOL
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    I went for a walk in minus 20 degree celcius weather. A lot of people would probably think that's "crazy".
  • ditzybutsexy
    Options
    I went for a walk in minus 20 degree celcius weather. A lot of people would probably think that's "crazy".

Erm... yes that is crazy... LOL

But I just hate cold weather. 28 celsius is comfortable to me. :)
  • fitnoflab
    fitnoflab Posts: 100
    Options
    Pizza is my weakness and I could eat it til my eyes bulge out, so now I drink water like a crazy person before I dive in, so I fill up and have 2-3 slices instead of 6. My friends cracked up and asked if I ran to the restaurant
  • KickingDarkness
    Options

I much prefer 28 too but I take what I can get, haven't quite figured out how to control it. :D
  • ditzybutsexy
    Options

I much prefer 28 too but I take what I can get, haven't quite figured out how to control it. :D

In that case, carry on. :D
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of veggies now. I grew up in a household where everything came out of a box and was microwaved or we ate out. We would have to eat veggies with dinner, but only 1 scoop was required. I now eat multiple for every meal! I was at my parents for the weekend and realized how little veggies I always ate. When they came to my house a couple weeks ago, I made a veggie based meal and my dad refused to eat it!!!