water

Options
just wondering do you count drinks made with water, ie coffe,tea etc as your daily water intake???
Thanks.

Replies

• TheNakedHouseWife
    Options
    Personally, I don't count drinks based with water as water. It seems as though, to me, it would be way to easy to keep drinking coffee or koolade (not that we would; oh no!) because then my brain would process it as "okay" to drink.

I only add pure, unaltered, water to my water intake.

Tea, from a tea bag, is debatable. That is about as close to pure water as you're really going to get alternative drink wise, so I guess you could argue that it is okay to add that.

It's all a matter of personal feeling towards it!
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    I don't "log" my water, only in my head, but I drink from big bottles (1 - 1.5L) so it's pretty easy to keep track of.

I only keep in my head pure water. And if I logged on here, I'd only count pure water. And maybe lemon water.
  • MarinaPacheco
    MarinaPacheco Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    H2O is H2O even if it is in orange juice or coffee or any other beverage. It doesn't matter how you take it in you will still be getting the benefit of the water. You might want to think about the other chemicals mixed with the water in the other drinks though and consider whether you want to add those to your body or not :smile:
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    I only count water on it's own. I have a litre drink bottle and aim to drink 2-3 of these a day. I think it's too easy to drink everything but plain water, if you were to count it all. I do sometimes count my green tea though, as I have an organic one.
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    I have sugar-free squash and count that as water. It is the only way I can drink a decent amount as I don't really like it plain!
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    H2O is H2O even if it is in orange juice or coffee or any other beverage. It doesn't matter how you take it in you will still be getting the benefit of the water. You might want to think about the other chemicals mixed with the water in the other drinks though and consider whether you want to add those to your body or not :smile:

Perfect answer. The water can be part of a mixture.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    How many times will I see the same posts over and over again this year? Any guesses? I mean, I've used the search button at some point!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    ^ This is a messageboard with a constant influx of new people, especially as it is January - weight loss busy season, of course topics are going to get recycled. Yeah, it can be annoying, but surely it would be more helpful and polite to point people in the direction of the information they need, using your advanced knowledge of the search facility ( ;-) ) rather than making snarky comments. Or, you know, just ignore the post if it bothers you so much.