Afternoon / dinner blow outs

Just wondering if anyone else relates or has advice. I'm usually really good with my calories for breakfast & lunch but after working all day I get home tired and tend to overdo my calories. I'll have a decent, healthy dinner but if i'm not quite satisfied I start snacking and then blow out. I always feel terrible after this but seem to have gotten myself into this pattern.

What does everyone else do to stop this? Does anyone have suggestions for satisfying meals or snacks or activites that will keep my calorie intake low. I'm a pescetarian too I might add. Calorie goal 1260. Thanks!

Replies

• MichelleG28
    MichelleG28 Posts: 2 Member
    Im the same, any ideas would be great.
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    I am a bit of a sweet tooth, and I find the best alternative 'pudding' is a low-fat hot chocolate with a few big marshmallows in it! (Only 25 calories each and are fat free!) Sometimes I'll top it off with a bit of low fat squirty cream. It still takes up around 80-100 calories, but better than a chocolate bar or a cake! :)
  • Avengertk
    Avengertk Posts: 102
    picked up on two ideas mind ... water and making the kitchen closed like a restaurant is.....

but oh me too!!! I try snacking on carrots/spinach/fruit nowadays apposed to crisps /nachos &dips.
    but would love any tips on breaking the need to eat again as soon as dinner is finished.
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    I am the same way! However, two months ago, my husband was diagnosed with diabetes. One thing the dr. told him was that he should have something to eat every few hours. I looked up diabetes diet online and the recommendation is healthy carbs and protein.I started packing a lunch with two snacks. It looks something like this:

Breakfast: egg beaters, 100% whole wheat toast, soy bacon
    Snack 1: two triskets, 1 ounce smoked salmon, 1 laughing cow spreadable, cut up celery/peppers
    Lunch: salad with greens and veggies and 1 TBLSP blue cheese, low fat dressing, low carb turkey wrap
    Snack 2: hard boiled egg, 1 tblsp walnuts, 2-5 triskets, cut up veggies

I used to eat about the same but skip the snacks, or have a high carb processed snack. Anyway, the weirdest thing happened after I started eating healthy snacks. I stopped binging at night. I don't think I was eating enough protein or calories during the day and I was starving by the time I got home.
    Anyway, good luck! I know how hard it is! I used to eat 500 calories during the day and then binge on about 2000 at night! It always made me feel bad about myself. I really hope what I'm doing now will work for the long term.