The week-end killer.

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking for tips on how to respect my calorie allowance on week-ends.

I am usually very very good on week days. I work hard at work, work out hard the gym, get home to make supper and then off to do some chores, then physio exercises for my knees, then about 1 hour of rest before bedtime. It works well, but it's crazily structured.

Now week-ends. Sunday is downhill ski day with the family. That means a fondue/raclette style dinner when we get back. I've been better at controlling portions, but the tricky thing is the grog/beer/wine that's hard to resist after a day outside.

Fridays and Saturdays are outings days. On both nights, we usually have guests over or we are out at parties. During the day on Saturday, it's usually brunch with the extended family and an afternoon with another set of friends, accompanied by hors d'oeuvres and wine.

Tricks? I find it hard to resist a bite here; a drink there when in big settings, mostly with people insisting.

I think I'll change my weight-in day to Wednesday instead of Friday to remove that : I've done gone, lost a pound, can now do whatever I want for the week-end mood. But that probably won't be enough.

Ideas? Suggestions?

THank you!

Replies

• Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Overall, I think if you work out hard during the week and keep to your good eating habits, 2 days out of the week won't necessarily break your progress. Everything in moderation is how I like to look at it. I have the habit with wine myself. Just stick to controlled portions and then when the week begins again, get back to business! :D Also, I know most people (as well as myself) do weigh ins in the middle of the week. You're right when you say, if you see progress on Friday, you're going to definitely think it's okay to go all out during the weekend. It's all in the mind when people are insisting you eat this or drink that. Stick to your guns. This is for you in the long run! Good luck!
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I too find the weekends hard because I also tend to have a hectic social life or even just enjoy relaxing with a glass of wine or smirnoff. This weekend I drank on two days and used a whooping 800 in alcohol each day even though I didn't go over 1800 calories each day! However, I think if it is a life style change it has to be one that suits your life otherwise you won't stick to it.
    So I always ensure that I exercise in case I go over my daily allowance, like you I am really stict in the week and from this weekend I am going to try sticking to no treats if I am drinking so that I at least use my remaining calories for healthier food.
    I would suggest sticking to a Friday weigh in because alcohol will make you bloat and it gives your body a couple of extra days to get rid of that.
    However you have already lost over 50 pounds so you are obviously doing what suits your body :)