A reason outside of my family to get in shape

Options
I am a medical transcriptionist. That pays the bills to let me be a stay at home mom. I do all types of reports. I am currently typing a report on a patient who is undergoing laparoscopic gastric surgery.

This is that person's information:
The patient is a 21-year-old who presents with morbid obesity. Height is a 74 inch tall, weight is 341 pounds. Ideal weight is 171 pounds, excess weight 170 pounds. Body mass index is 44 kilograms per metered squared. Problems associated because of obesity is hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, degenerative joint disease, obstructive sleep apnea, reflux disease, peripheral edema.

The weight isn't what bothered me because I very much know that weight can creep up on you as the years start climbing and your metabolism decreases. What scared me what his age. And the multiple problems he has associated with them.

My point? I want to salute and hug everyone single person in their late teens to early 20s who are actively and seriously making lifestyle changes. I am impressed and in awe at the self-disciplining you are showing and the love you are showing for yourselves now while your body can rehabilitate itself. It doesn't matter how much you weigh or how you got to that weight. The most important thing is that you're making a huge change now for your future. You guys are awesome and an inspiration!!!

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I am a medical transcriptionist. That pays the bills to let me be a stay at home mom. I do all types of reports. I am currently typing a report on a patient who is undergoing laparoscopic gastric surgery.

This is that person's information:
    The patient is a 21-year-old who presents with morbid obesity. Height is a 74 inch tall, weight is 341 pounds. Ideal weight is 171 pounds, excess weight 170 pounds. Body mass index is 44 kilograms per metered squared. Problems associated because of obesity is hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, degenerative joint disease, obstructive sleep apnea, reflux disease, peripheral edema.

The weight isn't what bothered me because I very much know that weight can creep up on you as the years start climbing and your metabolism decreases. What scared me what his age. And the multiple problems he has associated with them.

My point? I want to salute and hug everyone single person in their late teens to early 20s who are actively and seriously making lifestyle changes. I am impressed and in awe at the self-disciplining you are showing and the love you are showing for yourselves now while your body can rehabilitate itself. It doesn't matter how much you weigh or how you got to that weight. The most important thing is that you're making a huge change now for your future. You guys are awesome and an inspiration!!!
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    I'm joining your cheerleading squad! I totally agree! What I wasn't taught as a child or teen, I am learning now in my 40's!!!! Anyone learning to take care of themselves younger than me gives me a very happy feeling. I think that I have been doing good most my life yet I finally realized that I am 100% accountable to me to make the choice to eat as fuel for my body. Thanks for your post! :heart: :flowerforyou: