15 pounds.. vacation in May.. Ugh!!

Options
Okay.. So I've been a member for some time now, but I have slacked off and haven't been on here like I should be. Now I've wasted time and its down to the last minute! I am going on Vacation around the middle of May and I want to lose 15 pounds before then!
I've always struggled with my weight and every summer I have to feel sad and depressed because I didn't meet another one of my goals. I dont want this summer to be like that, but yet I wonder if my goal is attainable. Sure I can encourage other people, but when i comes down to myself, I wonder if I have what it takes? I am too burnt out and just want to sit around and feel sad because I can't be skinny like my friends without any trouble. (those girls can eat whatever they want and still be so small!!) Oh well.. I just need to find a way to get motivated. Losing 15 pounds is not going to be easy! :grumble:

Replies

• hetipt01
    hetipt01 Posts: 32
    Options
    Okay.. So I've been a member for some time now, but I have slacked off and haven't been on here like I should be. Now I've wasted time and its down to the last minute! I am going on Vacation around the middle of May and I want to lose 15 pounds before then!
    I've always struggled with my weight and every summer I have to feel sad and depressed because I didn't meet another one of my goals. I dont want this summer to be like that, but yet I wonder if my goal is attainable. Sure I can encourage other people, but when i comes down to myself, I wonder if I have what it takes? I am too burnt out and just want to sit around and feel sad because I can't be skinny like my friends without any trouble. (those girls can eat whatever they want and still be so small!!) Oh well.. I just need to find a way to get motivated. Losing 15 pounds is not going to be easy! :grumble:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    no i wont be easy but its possible if you start now and stay dedicated and keep the promises you set for yourself ..make a plan and stick with it...good luck http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43632-bring-it-part-iii-team-no-excuses-in-march:drinker:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    So, essentially 2 months for 15 pounds. that's 8 weeks for 15 pounds, approximately 2 pounds a week, which is possible with serious dedication. Make that your goal on MFP, be very careful, stick bikini photos all over your fridge, etc., tell your friends so they can eat well/exercise with you, keep a blog, and keep everyone here updated on your weekly successes! You CAN do it, and that's the first step!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Also, reward yourself with something non-food related every 5 lb. Something visible. A manicure, so when you look at those beautifully painted fingers you remember why you got them. A new top, and wear it often and proud. 10 lb is usually a pants size, so go buy a new pair of jeans or shorts. Spend a little more money than usual so that you'll be more conscious about why you got them.

You're a winner and can do this. This is the summer where you won't be depressed. You're going to be proud. You can do it!
  • paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    You can do it!! My goal is to loose 7 lbs by April 6th. I am going on vacation as well. I have lost about 2-3 lbs so far and have about 4 to go. I will be happy with loosing inches and toning just as much as the pounds.
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    I'd suggest to you to forget about comparing
    you to anyone else. Sometimes we think
    people are eating whatever they want
    and they are really skipping meals
    when we don't see them, or they eat
    junk. Do you really need to lose 15 lbs?
    Maybe you'd look good at 10?
    You can do it. Maybe walking everyday,
    or get one of those huge muscle balls.

May is a good motivator. Lovely weather.
    That gives you two months.

Good luck to you.