New and need some support

Options
Hi. My name is Lauren. I am 26 years old and have a 1 year old daughter.

I met my husband nearly 9 years ago, and at the time I weighed 154 pounds, 11 stone.

9 years and a baby later and I weigh 202 pounds, 14 stone 6.

I really want to get back to where I was when I met my husband. At the time I was a dancer, but then stopped it all suddenly and piled the weight on.

I don't want my daughter to be embarresed of having a fat mum, and I want to feel good about myself again.

Please let me know if you would like to give and receive support throughout this journey. I am determined to do it this time and need some one who will give me a kick when I need it!

Thanks

Replies

• briocktj
    briocktj Posts: 128
    Options
    Welcome and wishing you the very best in your journey!
  • ManaMoo32
    Options
    Welcome. I think we are all here for people to talk to that are going through the same thing. I believe that you can do this!
  • rygma2010
    Options
    Hi, I a m Debbie..50 year old grandma, trying to lose weight for my health..I got fibromyalgia and makes it so hard to exercise. I would be glad to encourage you as well as have a new friend to do the same for me..Welcome!
  • rygma2010
    Options
    50 year old woman with fibromyalgia and several health problems. In need of at least 50 pound weight loss..
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    Yeah for you!!! You can do this... you really, really can. Count your calories... and don't cheat. I've been measuring and counting and submitting since January 1 and I've lost 7 pounds. Prior to Thanksgiving (Early November) I was just "watching what I ate" and in two months only lost 5 pounds... so the accountability works!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, you can add me if you want.
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm open to giving and receiving support! Go ahead and add me! We can do this!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lauren!!!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If you follow the program it does work!
    Good luck to you,
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started as well and would love to be part of supporting one another. I was 154lbs. when I got married and am now 189.
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you.. I have over a hundred pounds to lose.. My first weigh in was fabulous & now I am really motivated.. Just take it day by day & don't beat yourself up over bad days.. You can do & there are a lot of us here to help.. Its a lifestyle change & I get a bit overwhelmed by the big picture.. But day by day gets easier & we cannot change what happened yesterday but we can change what we do from this point forward.. Add me as a friend if you want to.. Good luck..
  • sara_bear84
    sara_bear84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    28 years old in in just over a months time, I have 70lb left to lose and could always do with more people to support and challenge me. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to healthy you
    Hope today has been a good day so far.
    have you thought about getting a dance DVD or booking a class to get you back into it if you used to love it maybe you can re-discover it, and if you get a DVD you can 'do' it with your daughter too. she will have lots of fun copying mommy!
  • Dkittery
    Options
    Not sure if this will be motivating or not but I"m going to tell you my story:

I weighted 175 back in 2009. I started working out with a bunch of cheerleaders, changed my eating habits just a little bit and I lost 20 pounds in a month. I couldn't believe the difference in how good I felt, wasn't as tired during the day. :) After a month I started to see that I wasn't losing anymore, I joined a gym and started going three times a week, I lost another 10 pounds within the one year. :)

Then I found this website and started working with a trainer. I have lost a total of 11 more pounds. I now weigh 141 lbs and people ask me where is the weight, I don't look like I weight that much, but I do and it's all muscle.

I have made eating right and working my butt off at the gym a life style and I'm so glad I did.

I truly wish you all the luck in the world on this journey, if you want encouragement or support, feel free to friend me, we all need it from time to time. :)
  • bettyleg
    bettyleg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new too!! 1st January and have lost 7lbs so far and am made up as can be!! I've tried all kinds in the past - the replies here are true, don't cheat, you're only cheating yourself - the weekly log is a Godsend and so encouraging - the scanning of food is brilliant and the quick calorie adding is so helpful. I have it as an app on my Android phone, it is always with me and I put every skimpy little calorie into it - it's working wonders!

Good luck!
  • Lexsen
    Lexsen Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation. I have always been "heavier" , but when I met my husband I was 157. 8 yrs and 3 yr old twins later I am 210 lbs!! I am also very committed to this and have been making exercise a part of every day and tracking all my food intake, even on BAD days. Add me as a friend if you like, I will take all the support I can get and give all I can give!!
  • lovethemozman
    lovethemozman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All the best, I am just starting out too and think this is a great place for support and motivation!
  • rachs02
    rachs02 Posts: 47
    Options
    Not sure if this will be motivating or not but I"m going to tell you my story:

I weighted 175 back in 2009. I started working out with a bunch of cheerleaders, changed my eating habits just a little bit and I lost 20 pounds in a month. I couldn't believe the difference in how good I felt, wasn't as tired during the day. :) After a month I started to see that I wasn't losing anymore, I joined a gym and started going three times a week, I lost another 10 pounds within the one year. :)

Then I found this website and started working with a trainer. I have lost a total of 11 more pounds. I now weigh 141 lbs and people ask me where is the weight, I don't look like I weight that much, but I do and it's all muscle.

I have made eating right and working my butt off at the gym a life style and I'm so glad I did.

I truly wish you all the luck in the world on this journey, if you want encouragement or support, feel free to friend me, we all need it from time to time. :)

WOW 20lb in a month that is awesome good job. Your story story is inspiring thank you!!