• boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    apples, cinnamon, and a little bit of torani caramel syrup
    or sometimes rasberry syrup
  • tannjam
    tannjam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I add 1 scoop vanilla whey protein and 1 TBSP all natural peanut butter, or leave out the pb and add fruit...i alternatel Love my oatmeal
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    if you dont have nut issues make it with almond milk and add pecans

http://www.zest.co.uk/recipes/breakfast-porridge-recipes/2126.html
  • gpknives
    Options
    I like honey and raisins added to mine
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    Teaspoon of Golden Syrup!

Scrummy! :)
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Try Baked Oatmeal, I found a great recipe for it on Skinnytaste.com with bananas, nuts, and blueberries for about 200 cals. But I also make a version of it with bananas and strawberries that I love that is only 175 and soooo delicious! You can try the skinny taste recipe and change it how ever you like, adding different nuts and fruits and I think it would be delicious! :-)

Like apple cinnamon, strawberries banana, cranberries and blueberries, etc. There's sooo many combinations you can try!

Here's the link to the recipe:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and.html
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i love oatmeal! Today i have it like this--> 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup fat free milk, 1 cup water, 2 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of crunchy almond butter, half a banana and personally i add 2 tablespoon of flaxseed for extra fiber. Its my favorite breakfast!!! And most importantly its super filling and nutritious!!! :)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    STRAWBERRIES!!!! I love my oatmeal!!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is awesome because it's a blank canvas! I spice up my oatmeal a few different ways-

1) add a super-ripe banana you've mashed up with a fork (sometimes I'll add a drop or two of vanilla and some nutmeg)
    2) chai spiced oatmeal: add some cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, & vanilla (cook it w/ milk for extra richness)
    3) unsweetened cocoa powder
    4) fresh or frozen blueberries, strawberries, or both
    5) top with a little dried fruit and nuts
    6) add a serving of unsweetened apple sauce (should be about 50 cal) and cinnamon
    7) add a serving of toasted wheat germ for extra fiber & protein
    8) Mix some protein powder w/ just enough water to dissolve and add to the oatmeal at the end

Depending on how I'm feeling, I might sweeten it with stevia or honey. I really want to try making pumpkin oatmeal sometime.

Pumpkin oatmeat is soooo good. The pumpkin provides a good boost of fiber (5g) for only 40 calories. Add some cinnamon, a little sweetener and a splash of milk and you're in business. Sometimes I sprinkle a tablespoon of slice almonds on top for texture.
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I make mine with SF vanilla almond milk. Any type of milk makes it so much creamier than using water. I add 1/4c SF apple sauce, chopped walnuts, chopped craisins, cinnamon and a drizzle of agave nectar. SO good!
  • lsminkey
    Options
    i'm pretty boring because i eat it the same everyday: cooked with half water/half skim milk, 1 T flax seed, 1 T flaxmeal, and cinnamon. I just ordered the PB2 peanut butter and will add that when it arrives.
  • taraburgett
    Options
    I LOVE one tablespoon of peanut butter and one teaspoon of brown sugar in my oatmeal.

Things I want to try (thank you Womens Health Magazine):

Maple Bacon-2 slices of cooked bacon (crumbled) and two tablespoons of maple syrup
    Strawberries and Cream-1/4 cup Greek yogurt, one tablespoon of honey, and sliced strawberries

If you go to the website they have more delicious ideas :)
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Almond Joy Oatmeal:
    Unsweetened toasted coconut, unsalted almond slices/slivers, hersheys unsweetened cocoa, and a splenda if you find it not sweet enough, (or sweetner of yoyur choice)
    SOOOOOOOOOOO Good.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love vanilla protein powder and blueberries in mine. I also put splenda in it. Or I will put banana, brown sugar splenda and cinnamon....along with the protein powder. I have to have protein at every meal, so when I want oatmeal, I add the powder and it does make it very tasty!! Sometimes I add Fiber One cereal to it too....gives you extra fiber to make my blood sugar not drop.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Try Baked Oatmeal, I found a great recipe for it on Skinnytaste.com with bananas, nuts, and blueberries for about 200 cals. But I also make a version of it with bananas and strawberries that I love that is only 175 and soooo delicious! You can try the skinny taste recipe and change it how ever you like, adding different nuts and fruits and I think it would be delicious! :-)

Like apple cinnamon, strawberries banana, cranberries and blueberries, etc. There's sooo many combinations you can try!

Here's the link to the recipe:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and.html

Looks amazing!!!!! Thanks for the link!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If I have plain or steel cut oatmeal, I add 2 teaspoons of raisins, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and several drops of either vanilla or orange extract. If that isn't sweet enough, I also sometimes add Stevia.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins & cinnamon ! Yummy!
  • Hilary6177
    Options
    I add a tsp. of stevia, 1 tsp. of brown sugar, and cinnamon, a 1/4 cup of raisins, and a whole apple cubed. It's pretty filling!
  • mogadad
    mogadad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I eat Quaker Weight Control in several favors. I add raw cinnamon and raw fruit like blueberries or cut apple sometimes but mostly plain. Boredom is listening to the voices in my head which for today I choose not to do
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Lots of wicked ideas. I'm going to be trying them. I've been eating them plain for a looooong time lol x