switched from Low Carb!

Options
A co-worker shared this site with me last week and now I am addicted! I started Low-Carbing on 12/27, and at my 2 week mark (14 days), I had only lost 3 pounds all of which were lost within the first 4 days of the plan. While any weight loss is great, I felt that 3 lbs on the strict Atkins induction was not right, and I hadn't lost anything for 9 days straight. I was miserable and extremely frustrated. I had done low carb once before and lost about 15 lbs, but stopped as soon as I lost the weight and went right back to eating bad again. It didn't take long to gain that lost weight back plus some.

I signed up for My Fitness Pal and started tracking my calories on the morning of 1/12! It is amazing to see what I have been eating and how it all adds up. I also love that I can track my exercise. I love that if I want to eat that cupcake or have that starbucks drink every so often, I know how much exercise I need to do that day to counteract it! As of this morning, I had lost 1.5 lbs since the 12th. I am doing a 1200 calorie plan and I do exercise 4-5 times a week which helps give me more calories.

I would like to find some friends on here, to help motivate each other and share stories, tips, meals, ect. Please add me if you would like, and I hope that everyone finds this site as useful as I have!

~ Kim

Replies

• emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim and welcome! I'm totally addicted too. :laugh:
    I'm on a 1200 calorie goal and I workout several days a week. I like having support on here and learning new info.
    I'll send a request your way. :flowerforyou:
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Share your diary so we can see what you eat.I'm doing very well on low carb diet.
  • Kimberly874
    Options
    Thanks Emmyvera, I have added you.

Andrejjorje - I stopped following the low carb plan when I started tracking my calories here at myfitnesspal.com (about 5 minutes after I ate a Krispy Kreme donut!) The Atkins induction was not working for me at all and I was following it to the T and felt horrible. I still am eating lower carb, nothing like I was before, but I am introducing some carb back into the mix. I'll go see if I can figure out how to share my diary! Thanks :)
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did a low carb diet for several months and now have mixed it up to a 1200 calorie diet. I work out 5 days a week. I mix it up with the elliptical trainer, bicycle and walking. I have lost over 39.5 pounds. My goal is to lose 10 more before our Spring Break vacation in March! Any help or advice anyone has would be appreciated! Good luck to everyone!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins a few years ago and was miserable on it. I followed it to the letter and ended up gaining 10lbs! I am probably the only person who actually gained weight while trying to low carb diet. lol.

Within a short time of going back to "normal" eating, the weight came right back off. I decided then and there that I was done with low carb. I've realized since then that my body LOVES carbs and there's really no need for me to lower or restrict them as my body does just fine with them.

Good Luck! You can do this! :)