scale is going in the wrong direction!

Options
uuugghh...trying to stay positive! My last weigh in was 170.4 (approx) and now it's 176!!! Not doing so well! Need some support..I HAVE to start finding the energy and time to fit in some regular exercise..even it it's just walking to start! :sad:

Replies

• okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked your food logs but my wonders.....are you drinking enough water? Real, whole foods vs processed foods? Sugar and white flour kill me so I am working hard to find alternatives. Exercise will definitely help. Don;t say, 'even if it is only walking'. Walking is great low-impact exercise that anyone can do! Hang in there!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so I can't give you any pointers.
  • beachgirl1218
    Options
    sorry..new to the site...did not realize about the settings on my diary. Kind of embarressed to open it up! lol I have only tracked for a couple of days. I also have not tracked my water. I really don't like water...so I am trying to do the crystal light thing. I am going to start to track that as well. Be kind! lol:embarassed:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary allows others to give you advice that is targeted to your needs, rather than generalizing.

Pointers:
    Keep track of every last thing that goes into your mouth.
    Measure everything. It's a pain at first but you get used to it quickly and you have an accurate count of your calorie intake.
    Eat clean foods, ie: cut out as much processed foods as possible.
    Lots of water.
    Don't overestimate your exercise calorie expenditure.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Pop open your diary and let us take a peek :happy:

Maybe make a goals list for the week. It helps if I write down what I WILL do. Then I a more likely to do it.
    Try setting some short term attainable goals and go from there. :happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    You are going to see daily fluctuations on the scale that amount to as much as five pounds. These changes are due to water retention from exercise or excess salt, hormones, what type of foods you ate, and when you weigh.

Don't weigh yourself every day, but choose a day and time and weigh yourself once a week or once every other week.

If you've only bee doing this a couple days, you're going to have a nervous breakdown in about a week :laugh: Relax. If you are honest and consistent, it WILL happen. Take it easy on yourself!
  • beachgirl1218
    Options
    Thanks to all for the support and encouragement!