Olive Garden!

Options
2»

Replies

• Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Let's also consider the fact that in Italy (and Europe in general), they do a LOT more walking than we do (haha, and if they're like me - probably RUNNING for trains!) and 'fast food' isn't exactly that readily available. Not to mention the fact that most of their food is fresh and home grown. Even in the deli's and Tabbachi's, there are a lot LESS processed foods and choices than what's here. They have a lot more of the basics and staple items.

In the smaller towns I spent time in, I never saw a chain restaurant nor a fast food joint. And yes, their portions are much smaller, yet so filling considering it takes about double (sometimes triple) the amount of time to sit down and have dinner there as it does in America. My downfall was the house wine! :laugh: For some reason, wine is cheaper than the bottled water and sodas that they sell! Go figure!

Good advice on the food at Olive Garden - I haven't really eaten there but once since I started my journey here, but I thought the Salad was a good choice! I'll know better for next time! Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    Oh, wow. Yes, on the side would be better. I guess the oil and all. They probably pour it on. Thanks for the nudge.
    I love Olive Garden but don't eat there often. I'm usually at the supermarket salad bar, or Subway but most of the time make my own and keep in Ziploc bags throughout the week.
    I use Follow Your Heart Veganaise because the soy is so wonderful.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Also i'd like to point out that most italians don't make "creamy alfredo" sauces. like in my italian family in italy, cream sauces are like non existant. olive oil based sauces are, but not alfredo sauce like you see at the olive garden. could just be my family, but i've talked to other friends of mine and same goes for them

my nonna told me her family never made "white sauces"is what she calls them (haaha) and she didn't learn how until she moved to Canada.

I'm pretty sure alfredo sauce is yet another americanized italian fattening version of the food.
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: OMIGHOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:noway: :noway:

I cannot believe the calories and fat in my beloved chicken scampi..................oh it makes me just sick thinking about it!!:sick: :sick:

WOW thanks for the website to hungry girl it is interesting!

:sad: :sad: I love chicken scampi....:sad: :sad:

but not enough for that many cals and fat ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jenny
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: OMIGHOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:noway: :noway:

I cannot believe the calories and fat in my beloved chicken scampi..................oh it makes me just sick thinking about it!!:sick: :sick:

WOW thanks for the website to hungry girl it is interesting!

:sad: :sad: I love chicken scampi....:sad: :sad:

but not enough for that many cals and fat ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jenny

omg chicken scampi is my fav too haha.