Does anyone else find this ridiculously easy?

Options

Replies

• GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    When you go to enter your food in your dairy.. right next to "search for food" is the barcode scanner. Hope this helps! :)
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm not finding it difficult, because I'm keeping myself busy. When I'm bored, I'm much more likely to snack.. so I just try to fill my day as much as I possibly can.
  • jigglygiggler
    Options
    It seems so simple...glad their is a site like this
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it easy taking it off, but then again I always have... keeping it off... now THAT'S the hard part.

After 37 years of yo yo dieting I've finally realized that this isn't a journey and destination deal... it's a *forever* deal. Lifestyle change ftw.
  • journeytoahealthy51
    Options
    When I started a year ago, I set my goal for a 30 pound loss. After I lost it so easily, I decided to go for 20 more. I agree that it is a total no-brainer to lose weight on this site. Just be honest, and it works!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Tell me about the bardcode scanner. I also have a droid but haven't discovered that fauture yet.

It's for iPhone. Us droid users don't get that feature for MFP. LOL :)
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go as far as "easy",, but definitely doable!

MFP is indeed a great help!
  • MrsJohnston
    MrsJohnston Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Easy? Not at all! I'm finding it takes so much planning and effort. What to have for all my lunches, snacks and dinners, struggling to drink enough water, and getting to the gym early in the morning before the crazy crowds arrive..It seems never ending. At least I feel better although the scale isn't budging lol.
  • journeytoahealthy51
    Options
    "It's for iPhone. Us droid users don't get that feature for MFP. LOL :) "

It is on the android app, also. Just took a little longer to get it for us!
  • MrsJohnston
    MrsJohnston Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's definately on the android app even though someone said it isn't (I use it every day!). Right next to the search button.
  • cmcmicheal
    Options
    If you have the MFP app on your phone, the barcode scanner is located on the 'add to diary" page in the upper right hand corner. You just tap it and a line apperas that you place over the barcode of any food item and if its in the database it will tell you how many calories are in it.
  • joedispenza
    joedispenza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Started doing this last Thursday and have lost 4 lbs already. The barcode scanner is really cool, you're right. What's even better is that I have my brother hooked into my account as a "friend" so that he can keep tabs. Good motivator.
  • amandajherrera
    Options
    I am new to this site and hope that I can keep up with the schedule that I have set for myself! If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep motivated PLEASE let me know! Motivation is my biggest downfall!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Tell me about the bardcode scanner. I also have a droid but haven't discovered that fauture yet.

It's for iPhone. Us droid users don't get that feature for MFP. LOL :)

I have a droid & use the app, go to the app store and search my fitness pal, calorie counter.
  • jigglygiggler
    Options
    i agree with Bill on needing a schedule. My other challenge is preparation. If I could have meals and snacks ready it would make a huge difference.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Not trying to discourage anyone, because I think this site is amazing and really give it all the credit for my own success in this journey, but bear in mind that you WILL hit a wall with your weight loss at some point and will need work hard on staying motivated. Be sure to add lots of encouraging friends and continue to check in here even when you get to a point where your losses slow down because that's a time when you need the support more than ever.

Congrats on your success so far, and keep plugging away!!

This

Just make sure you're consistant with honestly logging your food. There will be times when you fall off the wagon. WHen that does occur, pick yourself back up and keep on pushing. Remember, the weight didn't come on in a couple of weeks so it's not going to come off in a couple of weeks either. Patience and knowledge will help you succeed.
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    it seems easy because it gives you all the control. i've been on here since october, and could have lost far more if i hadn't had the odd cheat day/week thrown in. but yes, it's the easiest i've ever lost weight and can't believe it's taken me so long to try it!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem losing weight -- keeping it off is what I (and most people) have trouble with.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I, too, find it easy to keep up with... I started having trouble once I got below 210 and had to drop my intake below 1700 calories a day... then I started getting hungry and having a hard time doing it... then I went on vacation and screwed everything up.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's pretty easy right now. Once I get that ball rolling and I get that blinders-on focus it gets so easy that I am surprised every time there's a new low on the scales.