Replies

• ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    :Yeah that's what I was thinking.:wink: haha! Men just don't understand
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Goddess sports bras. Google them and order one. I'm very large chested, and these are AWESOME! I'm working out with a trainer doing jump ropes and everything else, and I feel completely supported.
  • ambarsch
    ambarsch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Once I found CWX, I stopped buying other bras. They are $$$$ but SOOOO worth the money. I buy mine at local running stores, sa big box sporting good stores don't ever seem to carry the brand. Once you know your size, you can always find online deals to save a few bucks. When I started running I was a 38D. I'm down to a 34C, and I still swear by CWX.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Okay - so I used to work for Title Nine (Women's athletic/active clothing store), and Sports Bras for women of all shapes & sizes were our claim to fame.

I find this a funny statement as most of their bras only go to a DD or DDD. For those of us who are further along in the alphabet it doesn't help. I'm currently a 36HH and so cannot find ANYTHING on their site to fit me appropriately. And yes I know if I go up in the band size it "should" fit, but it's not the same as a properly fitted bra!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LOL I always double up at the gym! I'm flat, but those nips get perky! Get VSX from Victoria's Secret. Those are awesome. No nips show through those!!!
  • Katfor508
    Options
    Old Navy had good work out bras that shape to your cup size I am a C they work for me.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I understand.. I have to wear two pairs of underwear when I work out ;)

HAHA! You have no idea what a pain it is. Really now?
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    i have to wear two sports bras when i work out. i wish i had one decent one!!! any suggestions?

I can go to the gym with you and hold them in place.

ha!!!!
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Lots of ladies like the Enell. I did not, and sent it back and got the Shock Absorber. LOVE THAT ONE, straps in these puppies REALLY well!

it looks like enell would give uniboob. does it?

For me it did. I followed their site for sizing and the cups were too small and the band too wide. I was squished and falling out the bottom. The Shock Absorber kind gives a uniboob, but has super support without the wire. I tried wearing a wire, but it chafed my skin raw!

I concur, Shock Absorber does create uniboob but works well. I also have Freya with and without underwire. The one without underwire does a surprisingly good job about not promoting uniboob. The wired one has a shelf life of about 2-3 hours for me, then I need to change it. But one of the straps is twisted and is likely contributing to the problem.

shock absorber, at least in the UK, have brought out a set of "sports specific" versions with different levels/directions of support. i have one of their classic designs which has good support but does go a bit unibooby. it does the job but i don't like it that much. i also have one of their "Run" models which is **totally awesome**. separate firm but gentle support for each cup so there in no uniboob at all and all the straps are beautiful and smooth and well fitting so there are no odd pressure spots. oh, and the black version is sleek and shiny with sliver highlights (yes, i'm shallow, yes it's pretty:)
    I bought the 34DD is both 'cause that's the size i was at the time, i'm probably more accurately down to a 32Dish now but they are still holding firm. I still have to do up the top clips and slide the thing over my head to get it on though, i've never managed to get the right leverage/angle to do the top strap up once it's in place !
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    Nooo, boobs are not stupid, in fact, they are awesome!!! Physics laws that are stupid for causing them to bounce so much :bigsmile:

stupid physics!!!
  • chanson104
    Options
    bump
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    omjeepers i went to the shock absorber site uk and started to fill in the "find your shock absorber" bra thingie to be met with a bare chested computer generated girl running and bouncing!!!! it was hypnotizing, i swear i watched it for like 10 minutes!!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    best bra ever: http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110?cc=9732&skuId=3434712&catId=women-sports-bras

i'm a D/DD and one does the trick! Totally worth every penny. The under armor zip-up one is a close second but hurts my back sometimes.
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a 42FF. I wear one of my lovely "tshirt" bras under my sports bra, it hold me firmly in place...however I need a sports bra from my gut...eww gross. lol
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks are the WORST.... Im doing Jillian Michaels 30 DS, and the hardest part is a jumping jack... It doesnt hurt, but my boobs make it SO uncomfortable and awkward..... Hahaaaa/
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Champions at Target are lovely sports bras:bigsmile:
  • carrietj
    Options
    I just discovered the Moving Comfort Juno bra--love it and it holds everything in place.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    30 GG (32 for a sports bra, why are they always smaller?)
    I have to buy my bras from figleaves.com. I have a couple freya active bras, they're good for my job and light workouts, but for when I run and jump and twist I have a Shock Absorber. Beware this one, I look like a B cup in it my girls are so squished down. The swell of them starts just under my collar bone in this bra, lol but they DO. NOT. MOVE. Love it but I will NOT leave the house wearing it, so if you're the kind that goes to a gym, I have no input lol.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    boobs are not stupid,
  • AleahTheLoser
    Options
    I cosign with mksaffold! I was wearing 2,3, and sometimes even 4 of the stretchy sports bras depending on the activity and wanted just 1 good one. I remembered Oprah having one on one of her "favorite things" shows so I googled and found that it was the Enell. I ordered online and wore it for the first time this morning to Zumba and it is great! My bra size is 42DD by the way. Good Luck!
    ennell sports bras they are for those of us who are well endowed

I found it on a site called Linda The Bra Lady
    try it out, expensive, but so worth it!
    Good luck!