Hihi! Just joined MFP. No scale, measuring inches

Options
Hi there-
I am a 33 year old married mother of a nearly 3 year old. I work for the USG and am currently stationed overseas. If I were in the US, I would probably join Weight Watchers to have the option of a meeting/community within which to lose weight. However, there is no such option where I currently live.

I am a very positive person, well-balanced, love vegetables and fruits, baking my own bread and meals, and generally trying to stay healthy. However, no excuses, I am overweight because I have a very hard time with portion control and not giving in to my cravings. For example, if I want to eat popcorn, I will get out my stove-top popcorn maker and make myself enough popcorn to fill a huge steel mixing bowl! I won't finish it all, but I have a very hard time not making less.

Without a doubt, I think most folks would say I am fit, normal sized and not overweight, but when I look at myself and when I think about how I feel in my clothes, I know that I would like to feel a bit more tone and a bit lighter. I used to run a lot and work out a ton, but I suffer from a back condition that has limited my ability to do hardcore, high-impact exercises. Plus, with a toddler and working full-time, I cannot spend as much time I used to on working out. That being said, I work out, usually doing some kind of kickboxing or aerobics 3-4 days per week, strength, toning, yoga or pilates the rest of the week. I recently got into doing Lindsay Brin's Moms Into Fitness Boot Camp 2, which is working well thus far and keeping my interest.

In terms of pounds, I would probably like to lose about 20 pounds, I would estimate I weigh about 175 pounds right now. I do not own a scale and do not monitor my my weight on a scale. I am not interested in losing "numbers" on a scale, I am interested in losing fat, toning up, gaining control of my body and learning how to eat in moderation.

Okay, that's all for the moment! I look forward to embarking on my healthy weight loss journey as part of this community! If you've read my intro and think I would make a good MFP friend, please do "friend" me.