What's more annoying...Scale or Mirrors??

Options
Ok.......we all HATE the scale (unless the numbers are going down) ...but don't you hate when you weigh yourself on one scale and then weigh yourself on another and your weight is way off??? (gym, home, Dr's office)
Just when you thought you lost weight...the other scale shows you gained...UGH:noway:

AND.....what about mirrors??? Some mirrors I think I look half way decent in and others.....OMG!! Where did that fat girl come from???:grumble:

This is more for fun.....but which do you hate more???

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ok.......we all HATE the scale (unless the numbers are going down) ...but don't you hate when you weigh yourself on one scale and then weigh yourself on another and your weight is way off??? (gym, home, Dr's office)
    Just when you thought you lost weight...the other scale shows you gained...UGH:noway:

AND.....what about mirrors??? Some mirrors I think I look half way decent in and others.....OMG!! Where did that fat girl come from???:grumble:

This is more for fun.....but which do you hate more???
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mirrors are EVIL. But then, there's no room for excuses with scales. Arg!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    scales.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    scales, the always seem to be off by about 100 pounds. I don't know what the deal is.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I only weigh on one scale. What ever it says, I know I have gained or lost.

Gym scales are used by thousands and are never calibrated.

Dr office are usually more accurate, but unless you started at 8 am weighing on THIS scale it may be off.

I figure if I was 168/5 when I started on my home scale, and I am 138 now...........that is ALL i need to know
    (oh, and that size 8 regs FIT my butt!!! :laugh: )
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Scales. In the mirror, I can turn sideways and suck in my stomach. Now, in changing room mirrors, the mirror + harsh lighting = a miserable me. I guess the most constructive conclusion is that neither are bad, it's just me... but I'm not gonna actually SAY that :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have quit the scale madness completely now. My spare bedroom which is now a workout room has mirrored closet doors and are all I need to tell me to keep workin out a bit more.

Scales and the ups and downs they seem to like dont make me happy and I am trying to cut out things that dont make me happy.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    The only thing that annoys me are the "skinny" mirrors that they have in the dressing rooms in the dept. stores.....WTH are up with those?:explode: Do they really think that consumers are that stupid? Now I can't tell for sure how something really looks on me until I get home and try it on AGAIN is front of a "real" mirror.

Rant done...that is all.....:love:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OMG, the elevator doors at work are a mirror-finish bronze and even skinny people look HIDEOUS in them! I come down from the gym in the morning and I've worked out so hard and then I have to see that circus-mirror ME in the elevator doors.

Good grief.

I hate mirrors more, simply because I don't have such abuse from them as from that elevator "mirror."
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    OMG, the elevator doors at work are a mirror-finish bronze and even skinny people look HIDEOUS in them! I come down from the gym in the morning and I've worked out so hard and then I have to see that circus-mirror ME in the elevator doors.

Good grief.

I hate mirrors more, simply because I don't have such abuse from them as from that elevator "mirror."

I would have to agree....they are like "carnival mirrors" LOL
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- new epiphany to add here-- okay, so I'm a middle aged woman with all the hormonal imbalance those three little words-- middle aged woman-- embodies. I sit here during the week from hell where I've had a sick family and have had no time to exercise since last Sunday, stress out the wazoo and my-- ahem-- TOM rearing its lovely head. I've been watching my calories, but still feel so bloated and gross and "FEEL" fat and disgusting.

I put on my workout clothes today and walk past the mirror and SEE the woman who lost 31 pounds-- and reality sunk back in. I may "feel" fat, but I'm 31 pounds lighter-- I'm not fat.

Mirrors can be our friends, too, ladies.
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options

Good grief.

I would have to agree....they are like "carnival mirrors" LOL
    [/quote]

oh how very true... mirrors can be helpful but depending on where our heads at that day..they can be not so kind. LMBO "carnival mirrors' indeed!:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • nikii14
    Options
    26851.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    The mirror because I still don't see a difference in my appearance. The scale on the other hand as been good to me, the numbers keep going down.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    There are definitely fat mirrors and skinny mirrors. I have thrown mirrors away because they ended up being fat mirrors! :bigsmile:

My scale at my Dr's office always says I weight like 5-7 pounds more than the one at home. But then again, I'm not naked, it's not in the morning and it's not after a trip to the bathroom when I go. :smile:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hard to say. I don't like seeing still the rolls of fat around my middle, even while they are smaller rolls. BUT, I NEED to lose some pounds because my toes and ankles scream in protest when I do pointe work in ballet. Okay, they're stronger for my doing it at the weight I am, but I would rather they didn't hurt so much...

So I guess I'd have to say BOTH!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    i like pictures
  • nikii14
    Options
    i like pictures

Pictures are a great idea, however, I am can't stand my face in them let alone my body ... Hee hee
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't hate either... that'd be like hating a traffic cop for giving you a ticket because you were speeding... they're all just doing their job. I'm pretty at peace with mirrors. I see things I'd like to change about myself, but I'm accepting me for me these days. The scale I'm ok with too because... well because it took me from 209 to 146 and it never compleined, not even once :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The mirror at my gym has a bar about waist height. and the bottom part is at a slightly differnt angle. When you look at your reflection it looks like you have dwarf legs and a regular upper body. It looks weird